Running apps/communities (Read 240 times)

Fitnotix

All,

I want to apologize on behalf of an intern working at our company. The actions above are not part of what we stand for and they were quickly brought to my attention. Please remove and disregard anything posted from the account TechRunnerJS and please remove that account permanently from RunningAHEAD.

Again, I personally apologize for the posts. 

Happy Running,

Drew Langhart, CEO

Fitnotix

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

It's not bullying if it's true. I am the site admin and I looked up your account info.

Hahahaha, one of the funniest things I've seen on RunningAhead (RA).

As to the OP's questions, I do not use running apps while running, just a Garmin GPS, which data is of course uploaded to RA for logging. Previously used another logging site but found RA to be the best there is. I do use a few iphone runniing apps for pace calculations (such as McRun) but I avoid anything that uploads updates to social media sites like Facebook or Twitter. I do not care to inform everyone what I'm doing every day. Way too narcissistic.

As for the community of RA, I'm relatively new to the site (and running) and don't feel I have a lot to say. But the information provided is helpful. It would be great if MORE folks in my local running community were on RA as I think social encourage can be a potentially good thing for sticking with an exercise program.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Hoban-Jay

I  don't appreciate the spam either.  For that reason alone will not consider or even look at said product.

All,

I want to apologize on behalf of an intern working at our company. The actions above are not part of what we stand for and they were quickly brought to my attention. Please remove and disregard anything posted from the account TechRunnerJS and please remove that account permanently from RunningAHEAD.

Again, I personally apologize for the posts. 

Happy Running,

Drew Langhart, CEO

Fitnotix

Interesting turn the thread just took...

As for the original question, I use runkeeper to track the stats of each workout. I use runningAHEAD for a more personal connection with other runners.

5K: 33:21 (2013)