PT Update (Read 480 times)

Finished!

Well, I had my first appt with the Physical Therapist - their eyes nearly fell out of their head when they analyzed by barefoot gait - I overpronate that badly on the one side. It seems I'm dealing with a persistent case of shin splints. treatment thus far? Daily stretching (2-3x day for both the calf and the soleus) Ice Massages on the shins Towel scrunches - lay a towel on the floor, and use your toes to scrunch it up - 30 scrunches (toe contractions) 2x per side. I've been told to not run on the treadmill - walking is okay, and crosstraining, as long as it doesn't result in pain anywhere is okay. *sigh*
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
    Scout7

I can sympathize. Yesterday was the first time I got to "run" in about 4 weeks. PT twice a week for my ITB. Do what they say, and stick with it. It'll work out in the end.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Are your PTs thinking orthotics, new shoes, or just the stretching and rehab? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So sorry to hear this hun! Keep your chin up and hopefully you can get your problem resolved ASAP!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Finished!

Are your PTs thinking orthotics, new shoes, or just the stretching and rehab? k
            Orthotics seem to still be doing what they are supposed to - wear pattern on my shoes indicates that my gait is properly corrected. Nothing said about new shoes - other than I may want to consider one with more motion control - tho when I was fitted, my feet did not get along with the motion control ones (pain quick to appear when I ran on a treadmill) So right now, it's stretching and rehab. They don't think I'm doing myself any favors by doing all my training on sidewalks...
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry