Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

Maggie & Molly

Eric rules!!  just sayin'  Welcome, again, to you all.  I am a CR crossover who is thrilled to be a part of RA!!!!  I'm guessing if you stick around and check things out, you will be too.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Bell' s Two Hearted Ale is definitely in my top 5 - and this is coming from some one who heavily favors Pennsylvania brews!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

I personally am not a fan of these daily penguin whatever they call them things. Wish they just started a group.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I personally am not a fan of these daily penguin whatever they call them things. Wish they just started a group.

We did. Give us a few days. Smile

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

A girl after my own heart.  There is a ton of stuff made here including Two Hearted ale by Bells which I coincidentally have a few of.

Say, speaking of heart.  Where is Robin?

I just sent my lovely internet girlfriend a message, inquiring why she has not joined us yet! 

And seriously, I can't say thanks enough to the RA folks for letting us barge in here.  I know I would be a little weirded out if a bunch of people took over our forum.  So...thank you.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thankfully first impressions aren't always lasting. I was quite put off by the original post in this thread. I got the feeling that we were only welcome if we created and kept to our own little corner (user group) unless we toed the line and kept strictly to custom and what appeared to be a very rigid format. I still took the time to read through all the other posts. Some of them even reflected a warm welcome rather than a begrudging acceptance of RW BF refugees. I'll chalk up first impressions to an individual personality and not reflective of the whole group. Please don't prove me wrong.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Dad on the run.

I am a penguin myself and enjoy the daily talk we had at RWOL, but I will apologize for the daily intrusion. I don't think it was really thought out before someone started posting it. In fact I thought about starting it myself the other day but browsed a few pages and saw that there was nothing like that and decided it probably wasn't an appropriate thread. Like someone already said though it looks like it will get moved to a User Group so just give us a bit of time to get accustomed to the way you guys run things here. RWOL has become nothing but a home for insane amount of spam that makes it impossible to enjoy.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Thankfully first impressions aren't always lasting. I was quite put off by the original post in this thread. I got the feeling that we were only welcome if we created and kept to our own little corner (user group) unless we toed the line and kept strictly to custom and what appeared to be a very rigid format. I still took the time to read through all the other posts. Some of them even reflected a warm welcome rather than a begrudging acceptance of RW BF refugees. I'll chalk up first impressions to an individual personality and not reflective of the whole group. Please don't prove me wrong.

I really don't think that they were intending it this way. But this site has alot of groups for various topics and such and they just don't want certain areas getting flooded with things like the dailies or mile games. Its not our "home" and pointing a finger saying they are being mean or rude really isn't fair. They are trying to find a way for us to have what we are accustomed too without coming in hear and molesting what they have spent a lot of time in creating. Just my two cents though.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really don't think that they were intending it this way. But this site has alot of groups for various topics and such and they just don't want certain areas getting flooded with things like the dailies or mile games. Its not our "home" and pointing a finger saying they are being mean or rude really isn't fair. They are trying to find a way for us to have what we are accustomed too without coming in hear and molesting what they have spent a lot of time in creating. Just my two cents though.

Nailed it! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

George, this has been the topic of several posts today. We have an entire forum to ourselves just like countless other groups. Must of us didn't understand until today that this area is for specific running questions, not dailies and chat like the old BF. That is what our group forum is for.

Kalsarikännit

Thankfully first impressions aren't always lasting. I was quite put off by the original post in this thread. I'll chalk up first impressions to an individual personality and not reflective of the whole group. Please don't prove me wrong.

Wow. In your five minutes here you really got the essence of bhearn. Or have you been here longer, keeping quiet, getting a feel for the place and getting to know the regulars and the way things work? Attacking a long time regular is not a good way to start off. Based on what he has posted for years, I would be willing to say that he was genuinely trying to be helpful. He is a good guy. But you wouldn't know. I'll tell you how we can resolve this. You can race him at Bay to Breakers. Sparkliest thong wins.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wow. In your five minutes here you really got the essence of bhearn. Or have you been here longer, keeping quiet, getting a feel for the place and getting to know the regulars and the way things work? Attacking a long time regular is not a good way to start off. Based on what he has posted for years, I would be willing to say that he was genuinely trying to be helpful. He is a good guy. But you wouldn't know. I'll tell you how we can resolve this. You can race him at Bay to Breakers. Sparkliest thong wins.

I did say first impressions, not that I knew the person. You don't know me either. I can say my first impression of you here isn't making me feel welcome either. That's perfectly all right. I can stay in the RW BF group and you won't be bothered by me nor benefit from my sparkling wit and wisdom.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I know I hate it here.

Yep. The people here make me run harder and faster, smarter and better.

Man - accountability sucks sometimes!

I PR'd at Philly last week. Took 12 minutes off my previous marathon. Stupid PR's, right?

All because of the people here who actually know what they are talking about. 

Yep. It sure sucks around here.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

my first impression of you here isn't making me feel welcome either.

This should help:

Kalsarikännit

I can say my first impression of you here isn't making me feel welcome either. That's perfectly all right. I can stay in the RW BF group

Were you genuinely expecting cookies and beer? We keep saying welcome, and congrats of discovering the greatest website on earth. That may not be enough for you. In that case, too bad. You cannot turn this place into Runners World Online presented by Running Ahead, and you will not attack a great guy that has been here a long time and not catch hell for it.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart