explaining shin splints and stress fractures (Read 116 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

It would be interesting to see if you really could teach a former American and world record holder to run 20% faster. That would have her running faster than the men's records, though you will undoubtedly not see how ludicrous that is.

The pathetic joke is that in the mammal species, females are always faster than their male counterparts. The world's fastest animal isn't a male. So could I teach Mary how to beat any male record? You don't know how easy that is to do.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160122-cheetahs-animals-science-fastest-cincinnati-zoo/

Wait, if you'd have actually tried the masking tape exercise you would. But then again, why would you let me prove what an idiot you truly are...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Ben Obert

The pathetic joke is that in the mammal species, females are always faster than their male counterparts. The world's fastest animal isn't a male. So could I teach Mary how to beat any male record? You don't know how easy that is to do.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/01/160122-cheetahs-animals-science-fastest-cincinnati-zoo/

Wait, if you'd have actually tried the masking tape exercise you would. But then again, why would you let me prove what an idiot you truly are...

Oof. All us idiots just got crossed-up by sportjester, 'cause our mustard seed brains couldn't remember the Golden Theorem of the Class - any rule about any member of a class is categorically applicable to any other member of that class. Now why couldn't I remember that??? OH YEAH, because IT ISN'T TRUE. 

I wonder if straw-grasping with sciency words fools anyone anymore?  The analogies given are laughable.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

AceHarris

If I run backwards am I then bending my knee like an ostrich and therefore possibly faster than this Mr. Bolt you speak of?

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

GC100k

To be honest, I couldn't care. Is she faster than Usain Bolt? If she isn't, then why should it matter to me?

So if you're not faster than Usain Bolt, ...

GC100k

Why don't you ask an African Pygmy how to run, since they know more than you do.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2007399

Oh wait, Pygmies are faster because they actually do run like ostriches...

But the Pygmies aren't faster than Usain Bolt, so I don't care.

(for those who do care, the maximum running speed reported in the study was a bit under 9 minutes per mile)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Can't find pygmies with bow and arrow??? Oh please...

Not to mention the, "conclusion," of the study I posted, " The low Cr values observed enable Pygmies to reach higher running speeds than would be expected on the basis of their VO2max."

Translation-they expend less energy per step...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

GC100k

Can't find pygmies with bow and arrow??? Oh please...

Nobody in this thread said that.

Not to mention the, "conclusion," of the study I posted, " The low Cr values observed enable Pygmies to reach higher running speeds than would be expected on the basis of their VO2max."

Translation-they expend less energy per step...

Exactly what I said. Thank you.