Greetings from new guy (Read 718 times)

LTD

Hello all. I am 40 years old, male, and beginning to run more seriously. I used to run 2 miles in 10:45 in the Army 20 years ago. I played football in college as a runningback. I am currently the front tire changer on Elliott Sadlers NASCAR Nextel Cup pit crew. I get paid to work out 5 days a week. Figure I am very lucky to have this kind of job and need to make the most of it. I am 6' 210lbs.... run the mile in 5:45..... 5K in 23:40 Not very impressive, I know, but I am going to post my progression on here. Hopefuly my weight will come down and my fitness will improve. I have enjoyed reading the posts in this forum.... it has helped motivate me. Thanks' Terry
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Terry - welcome to the wonderful world of RA! I hope that RA helps you to meet your personal goals - there are some great people here with some great advice - not always the same advice, but still great advice! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

I'm guessing Sunday long runs are out of the question for you.... Big grin
        LTD

You are right Ryan. But at least that Sunday is a cross training day! Tongue And we do race on quite a few Saturdays this year. Gonna go run my first 4 miles this week in an hour. Down loaded Audio Adrenaline into the Mp3 player. Thanks' for the welcome Neil.

Member Since 2008

Welcome aboard LTD

Rim Rock Dad

Hello all. I am 40 years old, male, and beginning to run more seriously. I used to run 2 miles in 10:45 in the Army 20 years ago. I played football in college as a runningback. I am currently the front tire changer on Elliott Sadlers NASCAR Nextel Cup pit crew. I get paid to work out 5 days a week. Figure I am very lucky to have this kind of job and need to make the most of it. I am 6' 210lbs.... run the mile in 5:45..... 5K in 23:40 Not very impressive, I know, but I am going to post my progression on here. Hopefuly my weight will come down and my fitness will improve. I have enjoyed reading the posts in this forum.... it has helped motivate me. Thanks' Terry
              Shocked 5:45 per mile not impressive? Man, I wish I had thst problem. Smile Seriously, though, welcome to RA.
              James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                Welcome Terry! I'd love to run a 5:45 mile....My Garmin says I've reached that speed before but only at the tail end of a run, when I'm sprinting for the finish line... Glad you're here at RA! This place RULES....Best running-related site/forum that I've found out there...Kudos to Eric... Cool
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                bridgerunner

laced up!

Hello all. I am 40 years old, male, and beginning to run I am currently the front tire changer on Elliott Sadlers NASCAR Nextel Cup pit crew. I get paid to work out 5 days a week. Figure I am very lucky to have this kind of job and need to make the most of it. How exciting to have such an adrenalin rush job; though, at first glance of your avatar, I thought that was Kasey Kahne’s car. Plus, welcome to the forum Smile
                  LTD

Thanks for all the welcomes. I have found that logging my runs into the training log and allowing you guys to view my log should make me run more. I don't want to look like I am lazy. Well, I am off for my days run. Terry
                      Hello LTD, that 5:45 mile is rather impressive to say the least! Shocked Good luck with your training and go Mopar!
                      I love to eat, therefore I must run!
                        Holy Crap. If a 5:45 mile is not impressive, then I need to just go back to bed and curl up in a fetal position. Shocked Welcome, Terry and Happy New Year! Maybe some day you and I can go for a run together. There's only one catch - for me to keep up with you, you'll need to carry that front tire! Big grin Best of luck with your running goals in 2008 - Jeff

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Imminent Catastrophe

Shocked 5:45 per mile not impressive? Man, I wish I had thst problem. Smile
                          Oh, I could do a 5:45 mile...on rollerblades...downhill...maybe Wink Welcome, Terry!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

Welcome to RA, Terry! I think you'll like it here. I'm with the others... impressive is as impressive does and... your times are waaaay faster than I could muster! Especially for a bigger dude. Happy New Year. (I loved Elliott when he drove the M&M car - I guess I loved the car actually... still do) Big grin

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Welcome to RA, Terry. I'm jealous - I'd love to get paid to work out 5 days a week!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?