Talk to me about Treadmills... (Read 1567 times)

I've been on the NordicTrak from Costco for a year now and really like it. The heartbeat monitor (via hand grip) is not good, but as far as the treadmill itself, it's been smooth and problem free (knock on wood). -Kirt aka Skidders

Life is Good

I agree with everyone on here who say's look for a good deal on a used one. I had a nordic trac for serveral years and it was wonderful last year it finally died so I looked in the local paper and found someone selling a treadmill from smooth fitness http://www.smoothfitness.com/treadmills/ I had never heard of this brand before so I looked it up and these treadmills are custome made for each individuals needs, the person selling theirs had paid $1,400.00 had used it 7 months and was now moving and needed to unload the thing... I bought it for $200.00 it is a great machine, not noisey like most treadmills, pretty compact and easy too maintain... I have not had a bit of trouble out of it since buying it over a year ago.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

I have a treadmill from Vision Fitness http://home.visionfitness.com/treadmills/. I have been very happy with it. I purchased about 5 years ago and it broke in the spring. I received a full replacement at no cost from the manufacturer. It is a very reliable piece of equipment.

A Saucy Wench

I've been on the NordicTrak from Costco for a year now and really like it. The heartbeat monitor (via hand grip) is not good, but as far as the treadmill itself, it's been smooth and problem free (knock on wood). -Kirt aka Skidders
          heh...heh... Yes, this would be the treadmill I brought home yesterday and it doesnt work at all. grumbeldy grump grump (the Grated version of what I really said)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Double IPA Please!

I have a Pro-Form, we spent like $550 or so on it like 5/6 years ago and its still going strong. I have a love hate relationship with it.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)