do you run marathons without drinking? (Read 1168 times)

So is this thread about alcohol or not?

So is this thread about alcohol or not?

Maybe I will try that when I run my first marathon. Screw this water stuff, I'm just gonna stash some brews at a few points. I'm combining carbs with hydration right?

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

parameter Good Bad
        temperature 37-50 85-90
        sweat rate slim/none profuse
        drink rate couple gulps every 4-6 miles 8-20 oz/mile
        nutrition Honey every 6-7 miles Honey/carb every 4-5 miles

So do you refuse to run marathons between 51 and 84 degrees?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
        DoppleBock

You do not want carbonation - Vodka is the only way to go - You can mix the vodka with something sweet and it will be perfect race fuel.  Or just drink 600ml pre-race and you should be fine. 

Maybe I will try that when I run my first marathon. Screw this water stuff, I'm just gonna stash some brews at a few points. I'm combining carbs with hydration right?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I don't drink anything in those 5k marathons- no time.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

So do you refuse to run marathons between 51 and 84 degrees?

I'm a novice with a limited data set. I will soon refuse competeing in anyrace over 50.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
              Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Feeling the growl again

Four beers in six minutes gets a bit bulky and burpy.  Perhaps spread over more than a mile it would not be so bad.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm a novice with a limited data set. I will soon refuse competeing in anyrace over 50.

Don't trust anyone over 50.

xor

I thought it was 30.

It will be a cold day in hell when I don't trust any race over 30.

Ok.  Time to work.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Don't trust anyone over 50.

Isn't this the liar saying trust me?

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                      Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Isn't this the liar saying trust me?

Every statement I make is false.

Four beers in six minutes gets a bit bulky and burpy.  Perhaps spread over more than a mile it would not be so bad.

I could imagine...though I have yet to try this one yet. Never really figured out the logistics to arrange one. 

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

You do not want carbonation - Vodka is the only way to go - You can mix the vodka with something sweet and it will be perfect race fuel.  Or just drink 600ml pre-race and you should be fine. 

Maybe if it's enough the race wouldn't even hurt...

Feeling the growl again

I could imagine...though I have yet to try this one yet. Never really figured out the logistics to arrange one. 

A trip to Indiana next July to run a beer mile with a bunch of RAers.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Pick a weekend earlier and I could swing it,  We usually make our July plans in February or March ... We also take a shit load of vacation in July

Maybe a kids race should be added with Mt Dew ...

A non running spouses race with beer

and the all star 4x40 ouncer relay 

A trip to Indiana next July to run a beer mile with a bunch of RAers.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !