What is your morning run routine? (Read 1412 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

...no one seems to mention anything related with stretching or warm up exercises. Aren't those somehow important?. As I said, I am kind of new here (Actually just walking right now), and I'd like to know if stretching is important.
    Running slow at the beginning is my warm-up. I just take it real easy the first few miles. Stretching before running is a no-no, unless you've done something else to warm-up. Cold Stretching = Injury. I only stretch after I run.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Moondog

I am new to running but never felt like I had effective workouts in the morning back when I used to work out a lot. First of all, when I work out, I like to sweat. Can't sweat much in the morning because I'm dehydrated. So it doesn't feel like I'm working hard. I used to love working out in my garage when it was like 100 degrees in there and I was sweating up a storm. Generally, I don't sweat very easily though. My shirt doesn't really show any sweat until after 2 miles of running. My best time to work out/run is about 5pm. Right when I get home from work. There is NOTHING better than a great workout or run to bleed out any stresses that build up during the day. To me, the only activity worth getting up at 4am for is G-O-L-F !!!!!
        Running slow at the beginning is my warm-up. I just take it real easy the first few miles. ...I only stretch after I run.
        I do the same thing....First mile is around a 10:00 pace usually, then I knock it up a bit for the next miles...I stretch afterwards as well...
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          I ran evenings for 11 years and switched to mornings a couple years ago. At first, I'd have to get up 2 hours before heading out to run just to get "woke up and oriented". I've got it down to about 30-45 minutes now. I don't eat before I go but my mid week runs are only 6-9 miles. All in all, I like it even though it's been somewhat of a challenge. Winter of course, is far worse than summer. It's hard to get out of a warm bed and head out into 25° weather to run.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.