Awesome 70's and 80's portraits from Olin Mills (Read 2694 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

In the vein of the infamous 1977 JC Penney Catalog, I bring you some outstanding portraits from the fine folks at Olin Mills, Sears, and other fine portrait studios. Click.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Disturbing. Amusing. It's amazing people procreated during that decade. And WTF is up with your name? Now you're "Go Glue." Sure, it's an improvement, but it confuses me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

In the vein of the infamous 1977 JC Penney Catalog, I bring you some outstanding portraits from the fine folks at Olin Mills, Sears, and other fine portrait studios. Click.
        I was going to copy and paste the one I thought was the MOST hilarious ... but they just keep getting BETTER.
        2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

And WTF is up with your name? Now you're "Go Glue." Sure, it's an improvement, but it confuses me.
          I didn't know you were allowed to change your name...eric??? 1000 lashes or something. What if zoom zoom changed her name to mooz- mooz or something... Oh BTW I'm from the 70's my mom shopped at Penny's. I'm fairly certain me and my 2 sisters had us some fancy outfits. Too bad no one took pictures back then.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Life is Good

Found this hilarious! and refreshing at the same time! my Family spent many a times in the olin mills studios, When I was growing up, that was back before Sears and Walmart Portrait studios. Thanks for the Memories! Big grin

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Wow, that's fabulous. So had to pick a favorite... but that one with the animal carcass in the background is pretty high up there.
                "The Purvis Family" caption is priceless, and "The Damned" is hilarious, too. Hard to pick a winner - they're all keepers. Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

So rich. I sent my mom the Kitlers link and she responded with the Olan Mills link. I wonder what will be the current generation's leisure suit? Clown car comment was about the best, I thought.

Into the wild

Hey, on a whim I bought a season of The Six Million Dollar Man... I tried watching with my kids...jeeze Steve Austin was 70s man.... I loved this stuff as a kid but was thrown on so many levels..fashion, plot,steriotypes, freakin continuity...too funny Big grin After the hilarity died down my boys were gagging for the next episode though.... Evil grin For any forty somethings...here you go. Six Million $ Man

Shut up and run

Another Passion

I think I wet myself! LMAO Big grin

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

"Dude wore a tie for no nothing" Big grin Big grin "It's a vagina madam, not a clown car" Big grin