Healdsburg Inaugural Wine Country Half Marathon (Read 535 times)

xor

SR- there was no full this year. The organizers put on three events in California, all of them are HM only, so I don't anticipate a full becoming an option.
    Really? So your half wasn't connected with the Wine Country Marathon? That was supposed to occur on 10/26 in Healdsburg, and is cross listed as "The Healdsburg Marathon and Half Marathon" (if you click the link, look at the very very top of your browser). I'm very confused. But I suspect I'm glad I didn't arrange travel.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Really? So your half wasn't connected with the Wine Country Marathon? That was supposed to occur on 10/26 in Healdsburg, and is cross listed as "The Healdsburg Marathon and Half Marathon" (if you click the link, look at the very very top of your browser). I'm very confused. But I suspect I'm glad I didn't arrange travel.
      This is the one I ran.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

xor

Wait. So both events were called "The Healdsburg Wine Country Half Marathon"? And they were different? This is completely bizarre. I guess it wouldn't have caused me an issue 'cause I would have just followed directions and showed up at the right place, but wow.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm telling you. I was completely confused when I registered a few months ago. The one she ran was called the "Wine Country Half Marathon" while the one I ran was called the "Wine Country Marathon." Not that it makes a difference as they're both confusing as hell. I had to check four times to make sure I was registering with the right race. LOL

xor

I'm telling you. I was completely confused when I registered a few months ago. The one she ran was called the "Wine Country Half Marathon" while the one I ran was called the "Wine Country Marathon." Not that it makes a difference as they're both confusing as hell. I had to check four times to make sure I was registering with the right race. LOL
            And seriously, if you bring up the web site I linked, the very top of your browser will say "Healdsburg Marathon and Half Marathon". And I just figured out that Arla's race was Saturday but yours (and potentially mine) was Sunday. I wouldn't have shown up at Arla's. I would have been at a THIRD event near Napa on Saturday. I think I'm glad I stayed in Washington.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I don't blame you. Due to my extreme soreness, I wish I stayed home, too. Ha. Evil grin

xor

Oh, well... in *my* race, I was running across a giant suspension bridge, and just before passing a guy, I hooked my foot around the guardrail post and fell banging my melon on the concrete. The good news was that I didn't fall off the bridge. Wine might have been good. I know sore.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

That is awesome. You win. Tongue