Running at Work (Read 1077 times)

evillee

Hey all love this site. Help me out if you can. My work schedule for the next couple of weeks is going to prevent me from doing my normal afternoon runs. I was considering running during my lunch hour but I have no place to shower afterwards. I am sure there are some of you out there who have the same problem. What do you do? I am not so concerned with offending my co-workers (they are not concerned with offending me) But i don't necessarily want to go back to work looking like I just ran 3 miles. Thanks all.

Go Pre!

can you run to or from work instead? I hate running at lunch as we do not have shower access (nor do we have the time to warm up run warm down, get cleaned up AND eat) Smile
        Antiperspirant? And a lot of it? Wink Seriously, I think if you splash some water on your face and change, I wouldn't worry about it.
        2009: BQ?
          I havent tried, but some people have commented that baby-wipes are great. (This seems really common with folks who bike to work....)
            Fortunately, I work at a place that has put a premium on fitness. Therefore, we have an entire fitness room with treadmills, ellipticals and showers. I've only been here a couple of months, but I love it! So I don't have any advice from experience (and I'm really not trying to run it in), but what about waiting until later in the afternoon to run? That way you have less time that you need to be at work after your run. Just a thought.
            Mishka-old log

There is a Bally's across the street from my work. I bought a cheap membership there mainly to use the locker room after commuting in on my bike or if I want to run during lunch. The downside is I locked myself into a 3 year membership to do it (one year down, and definitely worth it so far). You can get a free trial membership to many gyms. If there is one near your work, and you think this schedule interference is temporary, that might be an option for you.
              evillee

Thanks all. I really appreciate all the input.
                btb1490

I havent tried, but some people have commented that baby-wipes are great. (This seems really common with folks who bike to work....)
                  I'm one of those baby wipes users. They work well. Get the scented ones! I keep them in my desk drawer, in the car, in my gym bag, some in the pouch of my fuel belt (beats using leaves in the woods!)...
                  Eryn

Even cleaning up with papertowels after your run works fine. I try to avoid wearing a hat just so that my hair doesn't look crazy afterwards, but otherwise no one's the wiser.

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Can you run early in the morning? When I cannot get in my miles for the day, I sacrifice my sleep.
                        Go to bed a bit early... get up early and run before you go to work.
                        Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD
                        Carl A

I have a two jobs and a young family, so on weekdays I must to run at lunch. There are three things I use: 1. What I imagine to be a European attitude about body odor 2. On hot days, two water bottles: one for drinking, one for hosing off after running 3. For insanely hot days, tiny bits of antibacterial hand soap in the armpits and between the pecs, followed by teensy bit of Stetson

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

evillee

There are three things I use: 1. What I imagine to be a European attitude about body odor 2. On hot days, two water bottles: one for drinking, one for hosing off after running 3. For insanely hot days, tiny bits of antibacterial hand soap in the armpits and between the pecs, followed by teensy bit of Stetson
                            Yeah I think I'm going to go with the cavalier European attitude. For now at least. I did run today at lunch, a couple of people just looked at me when I got back like I was insane. A couple even said they they thought it was great that i was running so we'll see. Thanks All
                              Personally I wouldn't ever go for a run then sit next to people in the office having not had a shower. But thats probably just my European attitude to body odour coming out there! Big grin
                              JakeKnight

Personally I wouldn't ever go for a run then sit next to people in the office having not had a shower. But thats probably just my European attitude to body odour coming out there! Big grin
                                Oh this thread could get ugly. And smelly.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------