Cheap shoe alert! (Read 1086 times)

Endorphin Speeds & Pros are $96 on Saucony's site as well as Amazon and RunningWarehouse. Main site offers an additional 10% off if you sign up for SMS messages. Sounds like the V3 are being released on July

Just ordered a pair for myself and my brother. Thanks!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Running Problem

Problem Child

Endorphin Speeds & Pros are $96 on Saucony's site as well as Amazon and RunningWarehouse. Main site offers an additional 10% off if you sign up for SMS messages. Sounds like the V3 are being released on July

https://www.saucony.com/en/search?q=endorphin

the American Flag version does look appealing.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

I got the orange with plain midsole speed2. And a pair of the gray for my brother. I already have a pair of the ViziPro speed2's; they were on sale, I wouldn't have picked that colorway on purpose, but they're ok.

The thing with Saucony and Asics, they offer a shoe in a dozen or more colorways, and there will be unpopular ones that will go on sale to get rid of them. Often sold in bulk to a store. That's where I got the Vizipro for like $120 or less, from a hip-hop streetwear shoestore called Hibbett Sports. When they get actual running performance shoes instead of fashionwear, they are heavily discounted.

So, my order from Saucony just arrived. I got the Campfire Stories colorway. what they DON'T mention is that the outsole is glow in the dark! Totally cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Also, the orange is much brighter than the pictures indicate. Cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Shades of Oregon State (boo!), so I'm on the fence.

Endorphin Speed 2, Campfire Story, dynamic 5

One other thing; they were on sale last week, but on the website just now when I grabbed the pic they are priced back to $160.

CalBears

Just like a kleptomaniac, I just couldn't pass on that deal - I already have like 20 pairs of shoes, but I like Saucony, and I heard Speed is really good - so, I ordered 3 pairs - 2 yellow and 1 orange - with 40% off and 10% off for email subscription - $254 including tax. $85 a pair - I think it's a good deal in current times 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Just like a kleptomaniac, I just couldn't pass on that deal - I already have like 20 pairs of shoes, but I like Saucony, and I heard Speed is really good - so, I ordered 3 pairs - 2 yellow and 1 orange - with 40% off and 10% off for email subscription - $254 including tax. $85 a pair - I think it's a good deal in current times 

Right On!

After a bunch of reviews by Ed Budd, Kofuzi, DeMoor, etc. proclaiming these as great daily trainers I picked up a pair a while back, and they were right. Saucony had originally made these to be for tempo runs and other speedwork training, or as a lower priced racing alternate to the Endorphin Pro, but people found out you could do fast, slow, recovery, long, and pretty much anything in them.  I would have bought an additional pair for myself, but I have FOMO of future offerings; that would be money I could spend on some other crazy deal, like Vaporfly at $100, or maybe even a bigly discounted Prime X. And the Speed2 is likely a 350+ mile shoe.

CalBears

Right On!

After a bunch of reviews by Ed Budd, Kofuzi, DeMoor, etc. proclaiming these as great daily trainers I picked up a pair a while back, and they were right. Saucony had originally made these to be for tempo runs and other speedwork training, or as a lower priced racing alternate to the Endorphin Pro, but people found out you could do fast, slow, recovery, long, and pretty much anything in them.  I would have bought an additional pair for myself, but I have FOMO of future offerings; that would be money I could spend on some other crazy deal, like Vaporfly at $100, or maybe even a bigly discounted Prime X. And the Speed2 is likely a 350+ mile shoe.

Yeah, Vaporflys for $100 sounds great - though, they are also sub 200 miles shoes - if we are talking about Next%.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

6/22/22

online running stores (RRS, Running warehouse, etc) have some good discounts on Adidas right now.

ie; Adidas Adizero Prime-X about $150, Takumi Sen-8 $110

Half Crazy K 2.0

If anyone is in the Baltimore area....new Nike Clearance Outlet at the Avenue at White Marsh. $99 Vaporflies.

7/10/22

Skechers outlet stores

Speed Freak and Speed elite $80

(on clearance rack, not in the regular shoe aisle; will vary by location)

Note on the Skechers Speed Freek (I got a pair):

They are similar to the NB Rebel-2 in weight and fit, except with a stiffening plate (carbon infused!), and a bit firmer compound. This is supposed to be Skechers "supershoe" for marathon racing, but it doesn't have the comfort of the NB RC Elite or Saucony Endorphin Speed-2, and doesn't have the "pop" of the RC Elite. Much stiffer than either of those shoes, but for me the plate wasn't providing that quick spring on toe-off that is expected from plated shoes.

Disclaimer: I never went faster than 6:30 in them on my one and only run so far, and was mostly around 8:00 (M59), maybe they come alive at actual race paces. Some other shoes do that; feel awful slower than 6:30-7:00, but very good under 6:00. The RC Elites feel good at all speeds!

Jembo

Just like a kleptomaniac, I just couldn't pass on that deal - I already have like 20 pairs of shoes, but I like Saucony, and I heard Speed is really good - so, I ordered 3 pairs from sporting goods store - 2 yellow and 1 orange - with 40% off and 10% off for email subscription - $254 including tax. $85 a pair - I think it's a good deal in current times 

Saucony IS really good(don't look at me, I have like 10+ pairs...) Big grin

Sup
                          Other hobbies: hunting, target shooting.
                          Latest purchase: Leupold Mark5HD from https://gritrsports.com/optics/scopes/riflescopes/

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

6/22/22

online running stores (RRS, Running warehouse, etc) have some good discounts on Adidas right now.

ie; Adidas Adizero Prime-X about $150, Takumi Sen-8 $110

Speaking of Takumi Sens, I purchased a super-nice pair of Takumi Sen-7 men's size 6.5 from eBay that I just can't wear; too small. If anybody's interested, PM me. They're just sitting in my closet waiting for another person who likes to feel the ground under their feet when they run. (Tried to attach a pic to this but was unsuccessful.) Happy running! --Christine

Nike Zoom Alphafly Next% no longer available.

mk885

Xero shoes have great sale- great minimalist running and general shoes and sandals