2021 Sub 3:00 Marathon Thread (Read 276 times)

dpschumacher

Making a comeback

At any mileage...a 200m all out would break all my tendons. It was why I ended up injured most of college.

Marby - that’s a very smart plan with the double taper.

JT - Hassan is in superb form, let’s see how she keeps it until August

DPS - we’re all different but I’d reckon that the much, MUCH shorter bouts of 1500m workouts would be easier on your body. You’d also be running way less mileage.

I miss running 100s and 200s all out.

New 2020 Goal: Actually run a race, any race, just run a real legit race. **Eye Twitching**

USATFMN XC 6k Lake Elmo Championship 21:49

2021 Goals (Assuming we can race again)

Marathon Sub 2:40

10k Sub 35:00 in Marathon build

5k Sub 16:30 in Marathon build

flavio1980

King of pastries

At any mileage...a 200m all out would break all my tendons. It was why I ended up injured most of college.

How interesting, we are indeed all very different. You are freakishly strong to be able to run these 100 mile weeks, I'd assume your body to be more resilient. Perhaps there's something going with your proprioception (is that the word?) due to past injuries.

PRs: 1500m 4:54 (2019) 3K 10:34 (2019) 5K 17:56.7 (2021) 9.86K 36:40 (2020) HM 1:21:59 (2021)

Up next: ????

Tool to generate Strava weekly

darkwave

Mother of Cats

How interesting, we are indeed all very different. You are freakishly strong to be able to run these 100 mile weeks, I'd assume your body to be more resilient. Perhaps there's something going with your proprioception (is that the word?) due to past injuries.

I think it's the difference between a maximal load for a short bit of time, and a sub-maximal load for a longer period of time.  Two different types of stresses.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

dpschumacher

Making a comeback

I think this is a pretty spot on. Again, I'm a big guy for a runner relative to people running similar times (6ft... 170-5 lbs). Also I hit the ground hard when I run, you can here me coming. My foot strike are not a quiet glide....I pound the ground. I have a buddy (5'8" 125) who make almost no noise other than his breathing and just glides along. That is also a factor I think.

I think it's the difference between a maximal load for a short bit of time, and a sub-maximal load for a longer period of time.  Two different types of stresses.

New 2020 Goal: Actually run a race, any race, just run a real legit race. **Eye Twitching**

USATFMN XC 6k Lake Elmo Championship 21:49

2021 Goals (Assuming we can race again)

Marathon Sub 2:40

10k Sub 35:00 in Marathon build

5k Sub 16:30 in Marathon build

Running Problem

Problem Child

I think it also shows the difference between a college athlete level of ability and the "average" person. I just watched the ACC 5k and the winner did a 4:30/mi pace for almost every lap then ran something like a 62 second 400m at the end of the race. I just assume it feels the same as me running a 5:37 mile and it is just a matter of athletic ability.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.