Reasons we love running (Read 963 times)

Me and my RP

#876 Because it's not something a whole lot of people can do....but *I* canSmile
      #877 The shooting starts when I run so early in the morning it's still dark.

Prophet!

Reason #878 - cause it makes my body very toit...toit like a toiger.

Me and my gang in Breck

Reason #878 - cause it makes my body very toit...toit like a toiger.
          I like that. toit like a tiger. I love Austin Powers. Finally a laugh today. Thanks

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Because the high school football coach points to me when I'm running on the track around their field and tell the guys "*She's* still running! You're men! Hop to it!" (I always want to answer simultaneously "But I'm an adult! And I'm not wearing/carrying football equipment! On grass!" and, with sticking my tongue out, "Girls can do anything boys can do. But I'm doing something totally different.")
            2008 Goals
          • Run 1250 miles
          • Get down to 135!
          • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
            • #879 - Because the muscle head at work thinks hw's in MUCH better shape than me by doing (chuckle) 13 mins of cardio on the eliptical every day. Then to prove it trys to run 5K in 20 mins. He had to call his wife after 10 and get a ride home. It was 2 weeks ago and he still walks funny. Now I get the last laugh.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Reason #880: because when I'm finished, I can salt 6 margarita glasses. Big grin
                  Reason #881 The intangible feeling of accomplishment I get when I look down at my Garmin and see the distance I've ran (last night's 10 miles was AWESOME, haven't ran that distance since the Academy back in April)
                  "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.