faster than Usain Bolt (Read 160 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

While people seem somewhat of fowl moods to discuss ostriches, the connection is with the three runners I claimed are faster than Usain Bolt.

Their names are T-6, T-7, and T-8. Not exactly household names, but since nobody knows their story, its because Adidas doesn't want you to.

I posted photos of fossil footprints and not one even questioned where they were from. For the idiots of the internet, they're connected to the story of hundreds of footprints found in Australia at a place called Mungo Park.

Steve Webb's studies of both prints and fossil records documents his definition of how fast they ran. But since the Emu is a crucial part of their culture, they learned to mimic their bipedal mechanics as well to reach peak speed.  The flaw of Webb's calculations is that it was based upon parallel leg swing mechanics and calculations rather than the facts of their inline landing pattern.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/nature/australias-20000-year-old-human-footprints.aspx

The running technique of the Aborigines is based upon the same principle of balance Bodie Miller used to create an alternate racing technique from.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/sports/1194817096458/bode-miller-breaks-the-rules.html

But the failure of the story is missing the connection that to run like the Aborigines, you also have to have better eyesight than they do because they're measured to have 400% better visual perception than you do

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7457480

And to be as good as they are in visual perception, requires playing video games believe it or not...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

And to be as good as they are in visual perception, requires playing video games believe it or not...

Blind Call of Duty player racks up thousands of kill.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

While people seem somewhat of fowl moods to discuss ostriches, the connection is with the three runners I claimed are faster than Usain Bolt.

Their names are T-6, T-7, and T-8. Not exactly household names, but since nobody knows their story, its because Adidas doesn't want you to.

I posted photos of fossil footprints and not one even questioned where they were from. For the idiots of the internet, they're connected to the story of hundreds of footprints found in Australia at a place called Mungo Park.

Steve Webb's studies of both prints and fossil records documents his definition of how fast they ran. But since the Emu is a crucial part of their culture, they learned to mimic their bipedal mechanics as well to reach peak speed.  The flaw of Webb's calculations is that it was based upon parallel leg swing mechanics and calculations rather than the facts of their inline landing pattern.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/nature/australias-20000-year-old-human-footprints.aspx

The running technique of the Aborigines is based upon the same principle of balance Bodie Miller used to create an alternate racing technique from.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/sports/1194817096458/bode-miller-breaks-the-rules.html

But the failure of the story is missing the connection that to run like the Aborigines, you also have to have better eyesight than they do because they're measured to have 400% better visual perception than you do

Those footprints are presumably at full stride, but being compared to Bolt's average speed over 100m. At full stride Bolt is moving at over 28 mph, not the 23 mph cited, so they are not faster than Bolt.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

My vision is 20/400 without glasses but

my eyes correct to better than 20/20.

so what is my running potential?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Usain Bolt could be running 26% faster according to this article: https://www.itsnicethat.com/news/ikea-the-future-of-design-personalisation-for-the-mass-audience-events-110418

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Ben Obert

And to be as good as jester is at fabricating science, requires pot-smoking, wouldn't you believe it?

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Last time I checked, citing articles and published studies, doesn't fit the description of fabrication...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Last time I checked, citing articles and published studies, doesn't fit the description of fabrication...

It does if the articles are irrelevant or the conclusions are deliberately misinterpreted.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Did NO ONE read the article I posted on Ikea design and how it could make people 26% faster if they mimicked it?! Irrelevant my butt! There's SECRET KNOWLEDGE there!

GC100k

Those footprints are presumably at full stride, but being compared to Bolt's average speed over 100m. At full stride Bolt is moving at over 28 mph, not the 23 mph cited, so they are not faster than Bolt.

This made the news a decade ago, but the researcher never said the aborigines were faster than Usain Bolt. The fastest speed in the paper, which is just calculated based on stride length, was equivalent to a good college 10k pace. Outside of the paper, the author said there are some other tracks, which may be incomplete but if they are complete the stride length might imply a speed close to a world class sprinter, although not faster than Usain Bolt. Based on that, some folks figured that if old T8 ran with spikes on a track he'd be faster than Bolt, and that's the spin of the articles. Sport Jester, as is typical of him, just read the headline and then made up all kinds of crap based on that and has been repeating it for a decade. Just like he did with the Pygmies article, which he didn't actually read but made up stuff that was completely wrong and not in the paper.

Ben Obert

It's clear to anyone who listens to you that you never check much of anything true, so...

GC100k

You didn't cite the study, you cited an article about the study. The study does not have the guys running faster than Usain Bolt. And you fabricated the nonsense of them imitating emus.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Actually I have discussed the speed assessments of the Aborigines with Steve Webb himself as well as Peter McAllister, who wrote the book on the differences between early humans and modern man. Funny that  McAllister corroborates my emu biomechanic mimicry assertions. Since he's actually an expert on their culture, Manthropology is a great book, if you want an education which is far more enlightening than anything any barfer could post here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-mcallister/pre-modern-man_b_836265.html

Oh, and his direct quote?

" it is true that Aboriginal people were and are outstanding readers of animal tracks and excellent mimics  of animal behaviour, so it is not inconceivable that they would emulate a  running technique, if it is, as you say, capable of delivering efficiencies."

GC100k

Funny that  McAllister corroborates my emu biomechanic mimicry assertions.

Oh, and his direct quote?

" it is true that Aboriginal people were and are outstanding readers of animal tracks and excellent mimics  of animal behaviour, so it is not inconceivable that they would emulate a  running technique, if it is, as you say, capable of delivering efficiencies."

So courteously saying "not inconceivable ... if it is, as you say..." to the stranger on the phone means he corroborates. Got it. Congratulations.