How to hydrate (Read 789 times)

Okay sounds simple right??? Being fully hydrated is very important for optimal performance. I need a good strategy for this. I got a little problem... The only way I know for sure that I am fully hydrated is when the moment happens that I am over hydrated. You sure can't make good time on a run if you are over hydrated if you know what I mean. To compound things we are dealing with the changing of seasons right now so our hydration needs are going through change. Maybe some people know how hydrated they are by their weight. This somewhat works for me.... however I am also actively loosing weight currently. Very hard sometimes to know the difference between water weight loss and fat weight loss. Okay now anybody have any strategies for becoming fully hydrated with out becoming over hydrated?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Giant Flaming Dork

<snark> I don't know about you, but I 'drink to satiation'. </snark>

http://xkcd.com/621/

drink to intoxication.... mta: oops...its hydration and not inebriation.... Undecided
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/a7b64fa47229482e96ed18b40545459a
          While you're running and racing this summer, drink. When you're thirsty and not too much. About 16 ounces (1 pint) per hour will be as much liquid as most of us can absorb.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

C-R

drink to intoxication.... mta: oops...its hydration and not inebriation.... Undecided
            Wrong user group but I like the sentiment. I usually drink till it comes out my nose. I know I'm ready then. Wink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I understand about drinking while running that 16oz per hour or so while exercising. However what I was intersted in is how do you know if you are fully hydrated before you start running? In my experince being fully hydrated before running is more important than hydrating while running.
                Check the color of your piss Wink If it is clear you are over hydrated. It should be little bit yellowish.
                  Drink water regularly throughout the day. And use AK's advice. Stop sweating the details and just sweat the regular way - while running.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I was about to grab some Powerade Zero (electolytes, no calories) and noticed that it had some weird ingredients. Any thoughts on zero-cal sports drinks like that one?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Scout7

I was about to grab some Powerade Zero (electolytes, no calories) and noticed that it had some weird ingredients. Any thoughts on zero-cal sports drinks like that one?
                      Yeah. I can make it myself. Plus, you probably don't need it. Your electrolyte levels will be just fine.
                        Yeah. I can make it myself. Plus, you probably don't need it. Your electrolyte levels will be just fine.
                        As always, thanks.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus