Feeling of pre syncope after hard races (Read 66 times)

Danihengas

Hello everyone. I´m new portuguese user and i want share my problem, maybe someone can help me!

When i run hard i feel ok during, but when i finish and walk to return to the calm, i feel something strange, like a pre fainting and weakness in my body. I was cardiologist and none special with my heart, i don´t know why this happen to me. Someone has the same??

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Possibly a sudden drop in blood pressure which should be easily remedied by continuing to walk and jog easy as a cool down.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

HappyFeat

I agree with you, WC. That's exactly what it sounds like to me too. Keep walking until you feel normal, Dani.You may find you need to spend more time in cooldown phase than you expected.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Danihengas

But  it's precisely when I finish and walking that I feel it... Sad  very strange

HappyFeat

Give this a read, Dani. It sounds like exactly what you are describing and "Alice" (at Columbia University) gives a comprehensive answer and guidance regarding it. It's actually not as "strange" as you think.

https://goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/it-okay-feel-lightheaded-and-dizzy-after-physical-activity

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

GinnyinPA

I have the same thing, mostly when it's warmer. I know my HR gets very high when it's hot and my body doesn't handle heat at all well. I think it's orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure) and it can happen when I stop suddenly at a light or to wait for traffic. When I was younger I would occasionally get dizzy and black out when I stood up. I get the same kind of dizziness after a run in the summer. When I stop, I will often end up sitting down unexpectedly - not quite a faint but almost. My doctor thinks it may be dehydration, since it is usually a summer issue.

Danihengas

I want to believe that it's just a vasovagal problem, like a hypotension. I have the same feelings in winter, maybe the best decision is sit down when finish :/