Runs beget more runs (Read 888 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

Last week, after close to a year of running, it's finally all coming together for me. The more you run... the more often you run. After struggling to come up with enough time to rung 5 days in a week, I just did an entire solid week of running once per day (although I didn't log the stress test I took on Thursday...). It was EASY! It wasn't at all difficult to put the time in and it felt GREAT! One of the things that helped the most, was that I threw away the training plan and just went out and ran. I know what I'm saying is obvious, but to all the newbies out there struggling just to meet a particular goal mileage/week or number of runs per week. Just go out and run!

http://xkcd.com/621/

Why is it sideways?

Last week, after close to a year of running, it's finally all coming together for me. The more you run... the more often you run. After struggling to come up with enough time to rung 5 days in a week, I just did an entire solid week of running once per day (although I didn't log the stress test I took on Thursday...). It was EASY! It wasn't at all difficult to put the time in and it felt GREAT! One of the things that helped the most, was that I threw away the training plan and just went out and ran. I know what I'm saying is obvious, but to all the newbies out there struggling just to meet a particular goal mileage/week or number of runs per week. Just go out and run!
      POD.

Lazy idiot

+1 This has been my philosophy for the last 2-3 weeks, and it's paying off.

Tick tock

Giant Flaming Dork

http://xkcd.com/621/

Why is it sideways?

Wow. Thanks Jeff!!!
            Keep it up! You are getting in shape!
              The more you run... the more often you run. ... Just go out and run!
              It's good to put things in perspective every so often. More miles, less speed, and let your cares drift by the wayside. Thanks for posting.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

I have noted the same thing.....In my case, I started back running (after about 15 years off) one year ago and thought I was going to dye after only one mile (and many stops during that mile) --I was sore as hell the next two days. And now I only take a few days off and run between 30 and 40 MPW..........and feel stiff and sore if I dont run. Its really true that the more you run the more often you run.........and also the more you run, the fewer days you need (or want for that matter) to take off........when I first started out I ran every other day and now I run almost ever day........and never feel as tired or sore as before...... You just cant get too much of a good thing, i guess....... John

Champions are made when no one is watching

I was ready to congratulate you on some sort of gastrointestinal accomplishment. Never mind.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR