Running Problem

Problem Child

Boston Bibs

flyrunnr 3932 Edited to be correct

Darkwave 7560

climber 9341 (maybe?)

katia 10859

elisabeth 12394

I don't know everyone. Heck, I don't even know the guy who took something along the lines of 7 GUs in the last mile of a marathon but I know OF him. Apparently he wasn't the smallest guy in the race.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Whoda thunk?  The RunningAhead 3:20 is the best place to get free asthma meds advice on the interweb...

Dad: So is Fort Irwin more of a desolate hellhole than the 29 Palms Marine base?  DS2 did some of his training at 29 Palms.  He talks about it being resort-like, when the sandstorms stop.

Sir Jim: That would be me, the original Tunnel Disco Ball Grumbler.

KK: Congrats on your house sale!

McB: "I felt like garbage from the beginning.":  Isn't that the first line from War And Peace?  Plagiarizing much?

In a last minute attempt to swing the MA weather in favor of our 3:20 friends, I'm feeling fairly smug that this is the year I decided to get injured, so I don't have to run in tomorrow's carwash.  There...  hopefully it will be dry, cool, with a tailwind now.

Speed Surplus

"I was going to say 5 miles MP because the first time you start doing them they hurt."

Well, I've done two different sessions of 5 miles at MP and it wasn't too bad... but neither one was at the end of a week like this, nor following 9 miles of easy running.

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

AceHarris

Best of luck to the Monday racers! Have fun!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

fb-guy

Go Boston.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Happy Patriots' Day!

SMax ~ Never been there, but I'm sure it's equally joyous.

Jim E

I'm watching the wheelchairs on my live feed (which drops out from time to time). It looks nasty wet, with a headwind. Nice selection of jackets and hats on the elite womens start line.

pepperjack

pie man

Go Molly!

go team!

11:11 3,000 (recent)

I'm watching the wheelchairs on my live feed (which drops out from time to time). It looks nasty wet, with a headwind. Nice selection of jackets and hats on the elite womens start line.

The wind will mess w/ the satellite dishes.

It helps when you don't have to worry about just tossing that $250 jacket off to the side at mile 10!

Jim E

The womens camera is hardly working at all, so we are watching the wheelchairs mostly.

Either last year's temps + this year's rain & wind or this year's temps and last year's wind/sun would make for a decent day.

fb-guy

Friend's phone on Heartbreak Hill still showing 39F. Feels like......

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Jim E

Men start. THey are mostly wearing windbreakers too.

Jim E

Molly and Shalane are in the lead pack. An Ethiopian has gapped them a bit, but it's early yet. The wind looks fierce. Spectators with umbrellas are having trouble.

Jim E

Desi is there too. The pack has caught the leader.