1 year daily streak plus some other stuff :) (Read 141 times)

Marylander

Last August I had to stop my 4+ year daily running streak due to kidney stones, surgery to remove them, and the stent they put in. It was kind of heart-breaking. I got back to it after the stent came out and today hit 365 days on the new streak. Smile A couple bonuses: 1. I learned I was chronically dehydrated and have done a bunch to fix that, 2. the new streak has a nearly 4.5 mile daily average (quite a bit higher than my previous streak average of 2.7). I'm not a fast runner so this averages out to 45-50 minutes per day of running. I'm currently trying to get that up to an average of an hour per day.

I also managed to break 10k miles since I started running with my oldest daughter 10 years ago (and we still do some running together, which is very cool, although she has no patience for me some days when I'm just too slow). I've been a bit inconsistent at times but have really gotten that under control with the minimum daily run of a mile and the goal of always doing 100+ mile months (up to 17 in a row now).

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

great job

i ran a year straight once but will never do that again.

you still have all that muscle that is in your picture?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Marylander

I really like the daily running as I always know the answer to "do I have to run today?" Smile I know it's not for everyone.

Yep, I'm still pretty much the same as in the picture. I do a little bit of deadlifting and some upper body 'lifting' (mostly with bands nowadays).

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's awesome!  I just had to stop after 235 days because my leg has been bothering me and it was just getting worse.

How did your surgery go?  My husband will be having that done in the next few weeks.

Marylander

The first hours after surgery were terrible. It took me a couple hours to get from the front seat of the car into the house as I had to stop every few feet and sit (standing put pressure down there). I'm allergic to opiods and the ibuprofen was not cutting it at all. The stent was utter misery and only got worse if I had even a tiny bit of urine in my bladder. Did I  mention being more than a little uncomforable as they pulled the stent out? See picture of non-urethra shaped stent below (I think they call the loops "murder loops" Wink ). It was a lot more comfortable to pass a stone about as large as they told me can be passed than it was having the stent in and I was vomiting from the pain of passing the stone... If your husband is the anxious type maybe don't share this with him. Wink

Ureteric stent

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, dear, I won't share with him!  He can't take ibuprofen due to a bleeding disorder. I will encourage him to take painkillers if he needs to.

Yeah, his stone is so large that they said there's a 90% chance he couldn't pass it.

Bummed that this couldn't have happened next March when he will be on Medicare.  With our crappy insurance (which costs us over $1,800 per month for three people), this is going to cost us over $7,000, including the tests they've already run.  Sad

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My goodness, they stick a coat hanger in you??

Anyway, congrats on resuming your streak!  May it continue for years to come!

Marylander

Yes, a coat hanger seems pretty close. Teresadfp, your husband may have a completely different experience. Let's hope!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Marylander I passed out just looking at that picture

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

berylrunner

Rick

Congrats.  I wondered if there were other streakers on here.  I am at 11 months.  4 years is impressive!!

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats.  I wondered if there were other streakers on here.  I am at 11 months.  4 years is impressive!!

Yes, since April 2014.

an amazing likeness

Last time I checked in on her log, CanadianMeg was over 4 years.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Marylander

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We got the cost estimate for DH's surgery.  $17,000 for the hospital.  That's not a typo.  He's not even staying overnight!!  That doesn't include surgeon, anesthesiologist, etc. or the $2k in tests and appointments we've already spent.  DH's OOP max is $7,350, so I guess that's what this is going to cost us.  I'm in shock.

Marylander

Wow, that sounds more painful than the surgery...