Looking for new/used watch (Read 60 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Hi everyone,

Polar got back to me and said my aging M400 watch needs to be sent in to be fixed. Yeah, not going to do that.

So I'm in the market for a new watch. Running centric, with tri stuff being a big plus. I have thought about the Garmin 245, or a used 935 or maybe even a 945. Maybe there will be a flood of used 945s since the 955 is coming out very soon? Hoping to keep it at/under $300.

If you buy used watches, where do you prefer to go?

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Also, Coros Pace 2 seems to fit in nicely here. Any experience with them?

- Andrew

CalBears

FR 935, Amazon dot com, new watch is $309, renewed one is $269. I would still think about renewed one - Amazon has 90 days return policy for those, as for new ones the return window is only 30 days. But anyway - it's all is under $300 (or close) and 935 is a great watch.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

FR 935, Amazon dot com, new watch is $309, renewed one is $269. I would still think about renewed one - Amazon has 90 days return policy for those, as for new ones the return window is only 30 days. But anyway - it's all is under $300 (or close) and 935 is a great watch.

Thanks for the feedback! Going to check out the 935. These watches get put out to pasture so quickly, even though they're still very good!

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I found a guy selling a 935 that he got back from Garmin because the HR sensor cracked. He got a new/upgraded sensor, but decided to go to a different watch. I picked it up for $175 for essentially a new watch, which is a great deal.

- Andrew

CalBears

I found a guy selling a 935 that he got back from Garmin because the HR sensor cracked. He got a new/upgraded sensor, but decided to go to a different watch. I picked it up for $175 for essentially a new watch, which is a great deal.

Nice! His loss is your gain Smile

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile