50% off at Eastbay through Bing.com (Read 1255 times)

Just discovered cashback through Bing today and saw that with the back-to-school promotion it is a 50% discount at Eastbay.com.  Ordered me up some new Kayanos for $77 delivered (after the 60 day cashback period, that is). 

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for the heads up.  Just ordered a pair of Brooks Adrenalines for $60 shipped after cashback. 
        what's a cashback through Bing?

I probably won't explain it well, but if you do your shopping through Bing.com they offer cashback on certain purchases (you need to open an 'account' with Bing).  Just shop as you would with any search engine and it will show a little cashback icon for certain sellers with a % being offered. Click through to the sellers site and make a purchase and Bing will track the cahback amount.  They hold onto your cash for 60 days before you claim it.

You can accrue up to $2500 in cash back $$ as a limit.

Hope that makes sense.

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.bing.com/cashback

This is a service run by Microsoft.  It works kind of like a rebate.  You have to click a link in their cashback store to get to Eastbay.  Once you get there, anything you buy will result in a 50% credit to your cashback account.  After two months (to make sure you don't return the shoes) you ask MS to send you a check. 

So basically you pay full price now and get the 50% back after two months.

...listen to the thunder

I signed up for Bing and when I went to checkout, I didn't see anything on the page about 50% off.  Do I just assume that it will be in my Bing account or is there a way to check before I actually buy the shoes?

Run, Eat, Repeat.

When you first go to Eastbay from the Bing link, you should see a window that says you will earn 50% cashback on your purchase.  You dismiss the window and do your shopping.  When you check out, the only indication that you're doing the cashback deal is a small section on the page where you enter your credit card number.  On that page, under "Promotional Codes," it should say, "Per Live Search's Cashback offer terms, other discounts or coupons may not be applied to this order."  Go ahead and place your order, and the cashback should show up in your Bing account within a day or so.

...listen to the thunder

I saw the statement that you talked about so I went ahead and tried it.   Thanks for the info.

Run, Eat, Repeat.

running yogi

http://www.bing.com/cashback

This is a service run by Microsoft.  It works kind of like a rebate.  You have to click a link in their cashback store to get to Eastbay.  Once you get there, anything you buy will result in a 50% credit to your cashback account.  After two months (to make sure you don't return the shoes) you ask MS to send you a check. 

So basically you pay full price now and get the 50% back after two months.

So basically Microsoft is paying you to use their search engine Bing. Wow !

ultramarathon/triathlete

Thanks man

Just got a new pair of adidas.  Footlocker is 50% off too.

FWIW, Google Shopping did this when it launched too.  I missed the promo then, glad I got this one though!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team