Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

L Train

My son has a soccer game in a nearby town on Sunday.  This is the day of my long run so I google mapped it to see if I could just run and end up at the game on time.  26.2 miles as it turns out.  So no, that won't be happening.

Aren't all the little hamlets in Maine about that far apart?

xor

Neither a chowdah nor a lobstah be.

L Train

I thought you didn't believe in writing Mainah?

L Train

hamlets in Maine

Cute but misleading in a Ryan-esque (which gets us back on point) sort of way. 

Like calling Woburn a quaint little town just outside of Boston.

Like calling Woburn a quaint little town just outside of Boston.

Right. That would be Reading.

HCH

Not exactly, because in addition to not really getting to the top, he apparently repeated some peaks multiple times... which changes the story even further.  It's more like a person claiming to be a 50 state marathoner who really ran 50 marathons in 10 states and DNFed all of them.  Oh, and when he was young he was "fast".

And, again, it won't matter.  But man this guy seems like a tool.  The braggart at parties that you kind of roll your eyes at as you eavesdrop his new big adventure story.

Moving beyond historical determinism (who knew KerCanDo was a Marxist?), mountain climbing forums have been abuzz about this ever since the Denver Post published a rather silly Op-Ed on Paul Ryan the Mountain Man. Climbers, like runners, take this stuff seriously and were, um, politely questioning whether or not this guy could scale 40 14'ers in his spare time between running for reelection every other year, when many local hardcore climbers haven't come close to accomplishing that.

Now that the climbing issue and marathon issue are settled, let's move on to even more important things. Does he really catch fish with his bare hands? I wonder what the folks over at FishingAhead.com have to say about this.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

xor

Busted.

And, damn, you have a good memory.

Right. That would be Reading.

Fall Street Faire this Sunday noon to 5!

Runners run

(who knew KerCanDo was a Marxist?)

Wow, I don't think you know me very well at all.  I'm far from it.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

AnneCA

Points to Holly for making a historical determinism joke.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My parents had a copy of the original Bert & I. Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Where's Robin?

Is your friend running Philadelphia, the one who always posts with a Maine accent?  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus