First 10k run (Read 899 times)

colinw

I know it isn't much compared to some of the feats people post on here, but yesterday I ran my first 10k run. It wasn't a race, just part of the training I am doing for a HM in September. I have been building up to it, and did the 10k yesterday in under an hour - 59:05 to be exact. I was pleased with the result and felt great during the run. I could probably have gone faster, but I didn't want to rush things and not be able to finish. It was a great feeling to finish it up in an hour and already have 10k uner my belt before 9 in the morning! The success with this run gives me more confidence to keep going and continue the Half training program.

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14

The success with this run gives me more confidence to keep going and continue the Half training program.
      Which is why you should be celebrating it. Well done, keep up the good work.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Giants Fan

Good job!! No accomplishment around here is small. Keep up the good work!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Well done. I know exactly how you feel. I ran my First 10K last Oct, now I've completed a HM.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

ultramarathon/triathlete

nice job! keep it up!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is awesome!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Nev

I seriously believe that your first 10k is a huge milestone - just think about it for a while you ran over six miles! you ran for one hour without stopping (well almost) (some people have to be flash and run their first 10k in under 1 hour Wink - now anyone who is not impressed with that is a fool. Congratulations and keep up the good work Nev MTA : spelling
                  Great Job 10k in under an hour is a milestone. Good for you, hard work but well worth it.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Another Passion

Midwest runner is right, no accomplishment is small and every milestone is important. Congratulations on your first 10k and remember, we all started at the same place regardless of what our greatest accomplishments are to date. Congratulations again!

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hey, that's so awesome! Having run my first 10K ever this week too, I can totally relate...well, ok, maybe not to the under an hour part, but it's cool to be able to say 10K isn't it? Keep up the good work and good luck on your half marathon training.
                        This is a great accomplishment....don't believe differently........ I have always thought that 10K was a difficult distance....and I don't ever remember having a decent 10K time...... (managed good 5 mile, 10 mile and 1/2 M times - but the 10K distance always seems to pose some type of difficulty for me). I think you did good.... Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching