Anyone here use TVP (Texturized Vegetable Protein) in their diets? (Read 781 times)

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No. I eat real food.

Burninated Peasant

Many public schools use TVPĀ® as a food source in the breakfast and lunch programs.
        I remember public school food. I'm highly skeptical that any of its ingredients were intended for human consumption.
          ugh years of dating vegetarian and vegan men means i have eaten & prepared more TVP than i care to remember. it's not the worst thing in the world, but even if you're really creative with it, 99% of the time it's like eating creatively-prepared pencil eraser crumbles.
            ps: this
            (although, with its great taste and ease of preparation, you won't leave it hiding anywhere for very long!)
            made me L O L it is cheap, though, and keeps well. that much is true. rather like cardboard...
              ugh years of dating vegetarian and vegan men means i have eaten & prepared more TVP than i care to remember. .
              So a Vegan/Vegetarian male is now a dealbreaker haha I was just curious what it was like. I heard that a lot of fast food places use it as a mix in to cut costs. About 33%-40% of my main courses have meat in them otherwise I am eating grains, vegetables, or beans.

Vim

I remember public school food. I'm highly skeptical that any of its ingredients were intended for human consumption.
                Public school food never really appealed to me. After 3rd grade, I was doing the sack lunch. This past week, I went to vote at a local elementary school and my stomach knotted up just smelling the vapors from the cafeteria food. Dead

Vim

No. I eat real food.
                  By the way, I am glad you got a kick out of that Steve Don't Eat It post. Tongue

Vim

obiebyke

I use TVP sometimes, and I'm not even veggie! Ground beef is kind of scary stuff to me, so when I make soup or chili, I often throw in TVP to bump up the protein level. It soaks up whatever flavors you have going on.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

New Runner

I have a vegan diet, but I have to say I've never used TVP. I have some, but never got around to cooking with it. It's not too healthy anyway. I'm not a big fan of processed stuff so I just may throw it out.