April Fools?? or new standards for BQ (Read 2531 times)

i sacrificed the gift

Well, it looks like someone lost their shit.  Check the original link again.

Did anyone see the "happy april fools day" banner and the news story that he is now claiming were intentionally on the site? I don't remember them.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
    Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
    Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

an amazing likeness

The "Happy Aprils Fools Day" watermark was there the first time I followed you posted link from here, which would have been back when this was still on page 1 or 2 of the topic.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

i sacrificed the gift

man, i dont think i ever saw it.  too bad i didnt wget the site

The shirtless wonder

If the BAA really sicked their lawyers on them then I say BOO!  Maybe BAA already has a reputation for being EP (elitist pricks) but now they've really sealed the deal in my mind.

Greg

bhearn

Did anyone see the "happy april fools day" banner and the news story that he is now claiming were intentionally on the site? I don't remember them.

Hmm, I think the watermark must have been browser dependent. It definitely wasn't there for me in Safari. But the news story was.

The shirtless wonder

Hmm, I think the watermark must have been browser dependent. It definitely wasn't there for me in Safari. But the news story was.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing the watermark in firefox.  Still, the BAA needs a sense of humor.

mikeymike

Heh.  Fish & Richardson, I've been to their offices.  Talk about some lawyers with no sense of humor.

Runners run

i sacrificed the gift

Talk about some lawyers with no sense of humor.

you work for the department of redundancy department?

xor

I dunno, if your name is Fish, you have to have a sense of humor about it.  And for some reason, the fact that Fish is a lawyer just seems funnier... though I haven't formulated the joke/bit yet.

bhearn

Also note that the original link now links back to this thread.

i sacrificed the gift

what is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?
                        bhearn

One's a scum-sucking bottom feeder, and the other is a fish?

xor

Michael Connelly uses that joke in "The Lincoln Lawyer" about 4 times.

what's the difference between a rooster and a lawyer?

A rooster clucks defiance

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Today, I can't get the actual web site to work.  http://www.baa.org/ or http://www.bostonmarathon.org/

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly