6 months (Read 892 times)

Flat footer

Well I have been running for 6 months today! Since then I have... raced 7 times ran over 450 miles Lost 20 pounds Competed and finished a half marathon (2:08:18) I am now running over 25 miles a week I feel great! I think I'm hooked.... Just sayin Smile

My legs are killing me

I think a lot of usl hit a "fork in the road" either get fat and nasty or get in shape. Congratulations on your running and keep up the great work before you know it you'll really get crazy and run a marathon. It's a sickness we have.
        Wow-congrats. I have been running 4 months so far, and I have just raced twice, and I don't think I could complete a half marathon yet. I am really impressed! They say if you make it six months, you will keep running!!
        theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Dave. It's nice to cross that milestone and have no thoughts of stopping. You're doing great.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Dave - you have accomplished A LOT in 6 short months. Congratulations .... now about that marathon....do you have one in your sites?

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Dave-- great job and congrtulations!

Chris
              PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

You have had a very good 6 months........you should be proud of your early accomplishment.... Now warning from an OLD DOG - continue to run and continue to progress (thats what makes it fun) but be very cautious not to get so over zelous that you forget to be careful....only buid you mileage at a reasonable rate....be cautious of speed training (its good stuff, but you can also get hurt if you dont know what you are doing).....when in doubt take a day off....dont get weird and start training too fast... These are all things that people like you, when getting to this point often do.......mostly from excitement, confidence and pride.... You are doing GREAT...Keep it up and I'll be looking for the 1 year post..... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Are you running in the Slattery's Turkey Trot in Fitchburg on 11/23 (Great race) - my son and I are going to run in that one....its a 5 miles...one strategically placed hill, but mostly flat and fast (about 650 or so runners)???

Champions are made when no one is watching

Flat footer

Thanks for the advice John. I have already had an injury (runners knee), I did to much to soon. It was a good lesson to learn though. I backed way off and only added mileage at 10% or less a week. Recently I have been running my easy runs at “my easy” pace. All my aches and pains are fewer and further between. As for speed training I try to take it easy right now. I have started to add a short speed training day once a week but I’m staying way from fast intervals until I get some base miles built up.
                  Are you running in the Slattery's Turkey Trot in Fitchburg on 11/23 (Great race) - my son and I are going to run in that one....its a 5 miles...one strategically placed hill, but mostly flat and fast (about 650 or so runners)???
                  No, sorry I’m already doing The Tough Ten Mile Turkey Trot in Marlborough. This race is a hill infested nightmare. Its run by my club The Highland City Striders .
                  now about that marathon....do you have one in your sites?
                  I got my mind set on the Cox Sports Marathon in Providence, RI. Maybe RunToWin can give me some pointers for the race… I think he might have run it last year. Big grin
                    No, sorry I’m already doing The Tough Ten Mile Turkey Trot in Marlborough. This race is a hill infested nightmare. Its run by my club The Highland City Striders .
                    I thought about the Tough Ten last year but decided that it looked too hard......I figured I could run 10 miles, but those 10 miles looked more challenging then I thought I was ready for......I even emailed someone from your running club about it......and got a nice reply.. Maybe next year after I feel more comfortable at longer distances....Im running longer but only racing 5k or 5 miles at the current time....after I get acceptable times in the 5K and 5M, Ill increase to 10 miles (which when I was younger and running a lot more races, 10 milers were my favorite distance)......

Champions are made when no one is watching