Post race blues (Read 910 times)

A week ago I set a new PR in a 5K.  My training had been going so smoothly but I dialed it back for a couple days before the race and was pretty sore after the race so this week wasn't up to much.  I had a long run Saturday that felt alright but I am feeling tired and worn out now with little to no motivation to get things running again for some reason.  Mentally I want to get back out there and start putting in the miles.  Once I start I'm good but getting started is next to impossible.

Will someone please come over to my place around 7ish Mon through Thurs and drag my slacker ass out the door and get the momentum rolling again.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

I would love to come over & help out an RA'er in distress.   Just give me a few days to drive up from Seattle.  on second thought by the time I get there you will back on track & not even need my help anyway. 

just go out for a nice easy relaxed trail run, take your time, stop & have some lunch,  & you'll be refreshed & ready to R&R again

or go run downtown Ontario to the local ice cream parlor, have a triple scoop mocha-pistachio nut waffle cone & walk home

oh & congrats on PR!!  

an amazing likeness

It's the lack of running that's the cause, not the effect.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kalsarikännit

Find another race that you are excited about and start training for it.  Nothing gets the motivation up like the countdown to a competition that you are excited about.  If you can swing it, make it a night out of town where you get to race the next day then do some sightseeing or relaxing somewhere fun.  Or find a race that supports a charity that means a lot to you.  One of the best things that works is to find a friend who is at your level.  Start the betting and trash talking.  That will get you out the door.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I think I found a 10K that might fit the bill.  10 K through the vineyards and then the post race celebration is at the winery with full tastings and meal.  Might just have to get the DW to come and chear and then get the kiddos a sitter!!

2012 goals

Kalsarikännit

A race to get you motivated, wine tasting at a vineyard, and a date with your wife.  That's a pretty sweet trifecta.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

xor

A race to get you motivated, wine tasting at a vineyard, and a date with your wife.  That's a pretty sweet trifecta.

Heck yes.

I'm in the same boat as you.  Not a happy runner today.

After two marathons last fall of 3:23-3:25 (off an average of about 35-40 MPW) I ramped up this spring to 50-65 MPW in hopes of cracking 3:15 for a Boston BQ.  Yesterday was the marathon and it just wasn't my day.  I pretty much shut down my "racing mode" at around 15 miles because I knew it just wasn't going to happen.  Finished with just under 3:29.  Disapprove

I can't blame the weather, it was perfect.  The course (Vancouver) was gorgeous but had quite a few rolling hills in the early part but I don't think I can use that as an excuse.

Maybe just one of those days?  

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

sorry about your race Rick.

Got out last night after signing up for that 10K just to put an easy 5K in.  Got 3K in and realized I was getting halos and was about to be hit with a migranie.  Most miserable 2K of my life!  Had to stop and puke once because of the migraine but somehow got home.  Oh well tonight is 8K easy and will feel all that much better.

2012 goals