Max. drive to a race. (Read 501 times)

Jeffrey

What is the maximum distance you will drive race-day morning, for a race? I am considering a 2 hour drive ... but suddenly that seemed too far away for a comfortable 8.15am start though. What's your experience been? Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

I'd say about two hours. Anyway, the drive home will be a lot more umcomfortable!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Umm... the maximum distance I HAVE driven has been about forty-five minutes... the max I would.... about an hour and a half.
        2009: BQ?
          The very first race I did was at the Jersey shore, I live in PA, it took me 2.5 hours to get there. I agreed to run with friends, and we had fun so it was worth it, but....I won't drive that far again for a race. I like to stay a little more local. I think that furthest I'd drive now is an hour (depending on the the cause of the race).

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For a marathon, any distance. For a 5k, maybe 15 - 20 minutes.
              For a marathon, any distance
              I'd expect no other answer from you Trent. Smile

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'd expect no other answer from you
                Big grin The related question is: What is the shortest race distance you would travel to run? Say, travel at least overnight.
                  It wouln't depend on the distance on the race for me, it would depend on how important it was.