Chicago 26.2 (Read 1281 times)

Good luck to all those running on Sun. For sure, I know that Berner, Mishka, Derek and Schneidr are running, although I am sure there are others I am missing. HTFU!
      Haha I just figured out what that meant. I think.
      2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
        Good luck to all those running on Sun. For sure, I know that Berner, Mishka, Derek and Schneidr are running, although I am sure there are others I am missing. HTFU!
        Yeah. Good luck to all the Chicago and Steamtown runners this weekend!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Yeah. Good luck to all the Chicago and Steamtown runners this weekend!
          Go Team HTFU! Can't wait for the reports.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Good luck runners!!
            2009: BQ?
              Good luck everyone.
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                THanks Mike!! Thanks everyone!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Go Pre!

Run fast! Have fun, tell all Smile
                  PWL

Has been

I'm running 26.2 Sunday--just not Chicago. The Maine Marathon is kind of like Chicago, just a lot smaller. Smile

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Go Team HTFU! Can't wait for the reports.
                      Ditto! I hope cool temps and gentle breezes greet you all, but I don't think that's gonna be the case in Chi-town. Maybe some crazy lake-effect weather will rear its head! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm running 26.2 Sunday--just not Chicago. The Maine Marathon is kind of like Chicago, just a lot smaller. Smile
                        <==loch ness marathon too on sunday. weather looks to be ideal. ness="" marathon="" too="" on="" sunday.="" weather="" looks="" to="" be=""></==loch ness marathon too on sunday. weather looks to be ideal.>

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<==loch ness="" marathon="" too="" on="" sunday.="" weather="" looks="" to="" be=""></==loch>
                          That is SO cool! If I ever get into marathoning I REALLY would love to do that as a destination race. I never managed to go to Loch Ness when I was actually in Scotland...because a certain male was a party-pooper and poo-poohed it. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

GOOD LUCK ALL MARATHONERS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Run well and long! Good luck!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

derek

It was a scorcher. Apparently, the high was a record for the day and the marathon. I don't know wgat the high was, but it was 91F at the 20-mile mak My finishing time was 5:35. I'll post a full race report when I return home tomorrow. I'm posting this from my mobile phone

Derek