Shameless Self Promotion (Read 462 times)

I started a blog.  Go ahead and read all about my escapades as a 20-something training for my first ultra. Yippee!

http://trailsandcocktails.blogspot.com/

Tiefsa

Good first entry.  Keep it up.

I'd get on you for drinking all that booze post race... But I tend to do the same thing myself. :-)

(Just beer though in my case, noooo hard liquor for me.   And that is why I don't start a Blog:  Me putting up a ton of pictures of post-race Michelob Ultra would not be very exciting at all!

Which 50-mile are you pondering?  JFK-50 someday, or another 50-miler?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

GabrielleB

I like your style. Wink

I never thought about doing an ultra, but that distance seems manageable.  Good luck in your endeavors!

Cool Jump Suit

Very nice Dani!  Is the title of your blog post an homage to the titles of Friends episodes?

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

I'd get on you for drinking all that booze post race... But I tend to do the same thing myself. :-)

(Just beer though in my case, noooo hard liquor for me.   And that is why I don't start a Blog:  Me putting up a ton of pictures of post-race Michelob Ultra would not be very exciting at all!

Which 50-mile are you pondering?  JFK-50 someday, or another 50-miler?

I thought about JFK, but I'm not keen on the 25 miles on flat bike path idea....I'm not sure where I'm going to be living in the fall, so that is impacting my decision. Once I decide, you will definitely read about it on my blog!

Also - I'm definitely a beer post-race/run girl. It's definitely the most refreshing and hydrating choice. Wink

Very nice Dani!  Is the title of your blog post an homage to the titles of Friends episodes?

YES! I have always been a huge Friends fan, and only after I wrote that title did I associate where it was coming from.

supermo2013

spam

Latent Runner

Thanks you; Ban Hammer dropped.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13