What's the protocol here on resurrecting old threads? (Read 589 times)

xor

SRL can people take a joke here unlike RW. I like it here and have only posted serious posts. I don't want to be called a troll again.

My man, sometimes it is hard to tell when you are serious and when you are not :-D.

But honestly, yes, folks take jokes well here.  Most folks.  Not all folks.  Pretty much like RWOL, but not exactly the same.

xor

srl, I still say screw what the OG RA'rs think.  It's their board too.  Just be prepared to accept the consequences.

I dunno that I agree with that completely, but I don't think people should be a-feared of asking questions at all ever even kind of.  I was just trying to add a piece of historical info to help 'splain why THIS SPECIFIC question was being raised.

SRL can people take a joke here unlike RW. I like it here and have only posted serious posts. I don't want to be called a troll again.

Yes most can, except SRL

Seriously though, it takes a while to people to know whether you are trolling or kidding.  For example take Trent (please)

actually ken, this question isn't so much about eggshells here and EVERYTHING about RWOL culture and zombie threads.  If you bump an old thread there, people (ok, maybe mostly me and a few people) will suddenly show up and yell ZOMBIE! and then run away.

First off I like the Zombie Thread idea.  That is a cool name but maybe because I just think Zombies are cool!

However, don't expect me to come over to your heathen RWOL ways.  Since your in RA you are expected to follow our rules.  No smoking, no dancing, no loud music, no reading of non-running books and for goodness sakes stay off the tractors they are not toys!

Ren: You like Men at Work?
          Willard: Which man?
          Ren: Men at Work.
          Willard: Well where do they work?
          Ren: No, they don't, they're a music group.
          Willard: Well what do they call themselves?
          Ren: Oh no! What about the Police?
          Willard: What about 'em?
          Ren: You ever heard them?
          Willard: No, but I seen them.
          Ren: Where, in concert?
          Willard: No, behind you.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
          tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I did start trouble at RW. I do have a lot of years running and racing. MY times were only average. But I had a good coach in college and have read alot so I consider my self having some knowledge. I still think people take running too seriously and I do like to have some fun.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes