Favorite Running Book (Read 171 times)

Running With The Buffaloes without a doubt.  It's a must-read in my opinion.  Everything else is second tier.  I did recently read How Bad Do You Want It by Matt Fitzgerald.  I read in the night before a half marathon and thought about it during the last couple miles when the going got tough.

yomonk1

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions. I'll give a few of these a look.

Running and Being, PRE, How Bad Do You Want It , The Runners Guide to the Meaning of Life Amby Burrfoot, The Quotable Runner, Running to the Top Arthur Lyidard. I have a huge running library and would love some suggestions!!

dhuffman63

Nowhere Near First by Cory Reese...got me into trail running and now into ultras.

Good Grief!

Another great book, especially for trail runners, is Run Gently Out There by John Morlock who posted here as John M before passing away last February.

2018 Goals: taking suggestions
            2018 Races: D3 50K, Nun Run 5K, Rundle's Revenge 25K, NC 24

Lucy Liu, feline edition

I just finished "Today We Die a Little! The Inimitable Emil Zatopek" by Richard Askwith, which I really enjoyed. Also liked "What I Talk About when I Talk About Running" by Haruki Murakami and "An Honorable Run" by Matt McCue.

"Heroes and Sparrows" by Roger Robinson, "Best Efforts" by Kenny Moore and "Running with the Legends" by Mike Sandrock are also good. --CH (who is very tempted to keep typing in more book names)

Treadmill Hound

This was pretty fascinating to me.  The Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei https://www.amazon.com/dp/1626549958/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3kMuAbRQNM7BK

2018 plans:  run somewhere and have fun, repeat, but not too much

My faves:

Mud, Sweat and Tears by Moire O'Sullivan

Feet in the Clouds by Richard Askwith

Run: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel by Matt Fitzgerald

anything by George Sheehan

Go as long as you can, and then take another step.

Running With The Buffaloes without a doubt.  It's a must-read in my opinion.  Everything else is second tier.  I did recently read How Bad Do You Want It by Matt Fitzgerald.  I read in the night before a half marathon and thought about it during the last couple miles when the going got tough.

If you like running with the Buffaloes, read An Honorable Run by Matt McCue.  Fantastic book about high school and college running by a guy who was inspired by Running with the Buffaloes.  I

If you like running with the Buffaloes, read An Honorable Run by Matt McCue.  Fantastic book about high school and college running by a guy who was inspired by Running with the Buffaloes.  I

I enjoyed An Honorable Run as well.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob