New PB - 1km - (Read 1833 times)

jayskydee

Well I actually set 2 new PB's today, after circuit training at the gym, I ran 1km in 5.22, did some weights for 10-15 mins, came back and did 1km in 5.16, both these runs raised my V02 max into the 30's today for the first time since the bleep test (Vo2 max seems to be higher for really explosive short runs or really slow but long runs, Not sure Why it is worse for middle distance runs (2k-4k in my case). That is reason to be Cheerful.

However I think I can break into the 4 minutes for 1 km, and would also like to break 34 for V02 max, as 33 is the highest I have had (bleep test).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How do you know the distance was 1km?

jayskydee

How do you know the distance was 1km? It was on a treadmill, MY IE is playing up.

xor

How old are you?

Whose puppet are you?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Treadmills are notoriously innacurate at the 1km mark.

Well I actually set 2 new PB's today, after circuit training at the gym, I ran 1km in 5.22, did some weights for 10-15 mins, came back and did 1km in 5.16, both these runs raised my V02 max into the 30's today for the first time since the bleep test (Vo2 max seems to be higher for really explosive short runs or really slow but long runs, Not sure Why it is worse for middle distance runs (2k-4k in my case). That is reason to be Cheerful.

However I think I can break into the 4 minutes for 1 km, and would also like to break 34 for V02 max, as 33 is the highest I have had (bleep test).

If you can run your best performance 1km back to back with 15 minutes of ANY exercise in between, that's not a good representation of your "performance" level at all.  At any rate, 5-minutes km is not a good time for ANY healthy 22-year-old who is border-line anorexic; I can undestand it if you're a fat 60-year-old.  Bleep test is not a good representation of your fitness either.  It must have been developed during the medieval era when people had no concept of different types of exercises.  You would be better off doing Havard Step Test to get a better reading of your fitness.

xhristopher

Folks, since jayskydee has been trolling on just about every thread for a week or so my will to follow or participate in what's going on here has gone way down. Her/his postings neither funny or insightful, nor do they conform to any reasonable community standards. S/he's just making up stuff ... and not even creativly.

Can we just ban this user and IP and get back about our business??

xor

Send a PM to smilin' eric.  Although The Large Secret Society of Moderators can do stuff, I dunno that bannination is on that list.

Then again, perhaps it is.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

'taint.

xor

Taint, you say.

I raise you a fupa.

jayskydee

If you can run your best performance 1km back to back with 15 minutes of ANY exercise in between, that's not a good representation of your "performance" level at all.  At any rate, 5-minutes km is not a good time for ANY healthy 22-year-old who is border-line anorexic; I can undestand it if you're a fat 60-year-old.  Bleep test is not a good representation of your fitness either.  It must have been developed during the medieval era when people had no concept of different types of exercises.  You would be better off doing Havard Step Test to get a better reading of your fitness.

But I also have anemia. Geez. It is the fastest time yet, so is my p.B. I will lower it too. As for the other comments, I thought this was the place to share your triumphs great or small. SRlopez seems bitter I set a faster time than I have done previously. You try running with anemia, when you hadnt done much previously, I may look fit or very skinny but I wasn't and am still not fit.

The King of Beasts

Taint, you say.

I raise you a fupa.

now Thats funny !

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

But I also have anemia. Geez. It is the fastest time yet, so is my p.B. I will lower it too. As for the other comments, I thought this was the place to share your triumphs great or small. SRlopez seems bitter I set a faster time than I have done previously. You try running with anemia, when you hadnt done much previously, I may look fit or very skinny but I wasn't and am still not fit.

Alright.  Now you can spell anemia... and you magically bring it up as a condition you have.  And you are trying (poorly) to taunt me about being bitter wrt your speed.  Your spelling mysteriously improved as well.  As did your "ability to form coherent sentences" somewhat, though not lots.  That last post does not resemble your others, like, at all.

Puppet.

jayskydee

xhristopher

Send a PM to smilin' eric.  Although The Large Secret Society of Moderators can do stuff, I dunno that bannination is on that list.

Yeah, each post is seemingly innocuous enough but, viewed from a few steps back, it's all bullshit. Recently one morning I loged on at about 6:30 AM with my coffee and every single "recent topic" posting down the right side of the community was either started by or last responded to by jayskydee. I'd call that abuse and making an concerted effort to reduce the value and quality of this community.