What shoes are similar to Asics 1000 series? (Read 96 times)

Caitlin89

Hi

I'm new here and would be very grateful some advice regarding shoe choice. I've been wearing Asics 1170s for two years but don't find them particularly comfortable (they feel stiff in the middle which makes my feet start hurting if I'm going slowly)- my current pair are getting worn out so I went to a running shop to look for an alternative pair. The guy did quite a thorough gait analysis and noticed that I had a neutral gait in the 1170s but went back to overpronating when I tried some neutral shoes on. He therefore recommended sticking to something with a similar level of support to my current shoes (but didn't stock any in my size at the time). I've been looking online and there are some  good discount offers on at the minute on Brooks Ravenna 4, Brooks Adrenaline GTS13, and Saucony Omni 11. Does anyone happen to know if any of these models would have have a similar amount of support/stability to Asics 1170s?

Thanks

TripleBock

Not sure - But I find as my shoes age they get stiff.  I also find that the Asics 1000-1100 series, each offering is tweaked a little.  I have gone through 90+ pair in the last 10 years.  Lately I am pretty pissed at them because the mesh is eating away, making the shoe unwearable before the tread wears out.

I am suprised that the running store would not be your best place to find a suitable shoe.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

arca

Hi, I've run in both asics 1000 series and brooks adrenaline GTS 13. They're pretty similar. The brooks are slightly lighter and maybe not quite as protective as the asics but basically they are pretty similar.

lagwagon

TB is right, the local running shop is probably your best bet.  If price is a primary concern, let them know up front and find out what they can do for you (if anything).

I agree with the Adrenaline, but also think the Asics 2000 is an obvious choice.  I've run in both but switched to Saucony Guides a couple years back.  Super comfortable.  I dont know if you'd need the Omni, that seems to be for more substantial support that what I think the 1000s offer, I think you'd might want to try on the Guides first.

Asics GT 2000 2 would be the closest within the Asics lineup

---------

TripleBock

For me the asics 2000 series has too much cushion.   Are the Adrenaline - less cushioned than the 1100 series - That would be nice.

TB is right, the local running shop is probably your best bet.  If price is a primary concern, let them know up front and find out what they can do for you (if anything).

I agree with the Adrenaline, but also think the Asics 2000 is an obvious choice.  I've run in both but switched to Saucony Guides a couple years back.  Super comfortable.  I dont know if you'd need the Omni, that seems to be for more substantial support that what I think the 1000s offer, I think you'd might want to try on the Guides first.

TripleBock

Looks like they revamped the 1100 and 2100 series - Increased the price of the 1000 compared to the 1100 series.

Unhappily I may look into something else again.

I've been looking online and there are some  good discount offers on at the minute on Brooks Ravenna 4, Brooks Adrenaline GTS13, and Saucony Omni 11. Does anyone happen to know if any of these models would have have a similar amount of support/stability to Asics 1170s?

Thanks

Asics 2000 and Brooks Adrenaline share many of the same characteristics and offer more support than the 1000/1170

The Omni has a little more support / cushioning than either the the 2000 and Adrenaline

The Ravenna would match up most closely with the Asics 1000 (or 1170) in that they are both considered mid-stability shoes.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

For the ASICS GT-1000, a similar shoe is the NB 860v4.  12mm instead of 10mm drop.  Similar stability.  Toebox is a bit wider (about the same as the GT-1000 Wide version)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do