Course won't accept added points (Read 524 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Eric, I copied a course and named the new copy Rock Island Twelve - Bridge Out.  I modified it from the original by moving and adding coordinate points (right-clicking on the existing line), but eventually came to a place where it stopped allowing me to add points.  Now, nothing happens when I right-click on the line.  Is there some limit to the number of points I can add?  Is there a way to fix this?

I have tried on two different computers, in both Chrome and Firefox.

eric :)

I am unable to reproduce the problem.  One thing I noticed is that you need to move the cursor off the line, then back on it and right click, then move off again in order for the node to be visible.  Please give that a try.  If that isn't the problem, then please provide more instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

To investigate further, I opened a couple of my other courses, one shorter and one longer, and was able to add points without any problem.  The problem course, though, still does not respond to a right click.  I may try exporting and importing it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I tried the export-import scheme; no change.  The export passes the xml validator test.

The other thing I discovered is that I can still add points on a small, northern part of the course, but not anywhere south of South Street.  Interesting, since it's an out-and-back course, so the part that still works includes both mile 1 and mile 12.  The bad parts seem to be roughly between miles 2 and 10.

Could you point me to the map so I can take a look?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Here.

Since I'm at work, I just tested it in IE9, with the same result.

I was able to reproduce the problem.  It's odd since it didn't result in any errors.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Okay, glad to know I'm not crazy.  Thanks for following up.