I ran my first 10 mile run (Read 787 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I've been working up to it. My longest run to this point was a bit under 8, and today the weather was so cool and nice that I decided to keep running past my scheduled 4 miler and ended up doing 10.1. Nice and easy, felt great during and after the run. Of course, tonight I'm starting to feel it a bit, but I'm sure taking the next 2 days off will allow me to recover nicely.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Excellent - good work. *** My wife hates it when a scheduled 4 miler turns into 10+ miles Wink
        Congrats ... thought you would do 4 and did 10? -- WOW! Can't wait to hear what you do when you are planning a 10 Cool

2012= under-goaled

Another Passion

Congrats on the milestone! It's a big one and an awesome accomplishment. Well done.

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats ... thought you would do 4 and did 10? -- WOW! Can't wait to hear what you do when you are planning a 10 Cool
            I think that will still be a 10!

Paul

Right on Hereford...

Awesome. 10 miles is a huge accomplishment! Isn't it cool to look back on that run and say to yourself, "I just ran 10 MILES!" Most people in America can't even fathom it.
              Ringmaster

Ha! Ten miles is a loooong way--even when you drive it! Congratulations!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is awesome! Isn't it an awesome feeling?

TRUST THE PROCESS

theyapper

On the road again...

That is awesome! Isn't it an awesome feeling?
                    Yep. Great feeling, esp. with a 5k coming up this week-end. There's no doubt now that I can run that with no problem.

Paul