Boston Marathon: if I get in, where do I want to stay? (Read 1555 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Good tips here, thanks! Crossing fingers.

Ex runner

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

booking.com

3 nights/Club Quarters in Boston   $547

It is 1 mile from the expo at  World Trade Center and  1.2 miles from the post office / finish line(700 Boylston Street) according to  Google maps. 

I do not known Boston!

Cancelled reservation. BBB gives Booking.com an  F  rating

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bhearn

That said, I'm still pissed not to have found a spread of donuts waiting for me after finishing the "Dunkin Donuts Cape Cod Marathon."

Yeah. I was mighty pissed. Especially since (1) donuts were everywhere *before* the race, when I didn't want any, and (2) they were also everywhere *after* the race... but only for the volunteers. I wanted to strangle a volunteer. I *really* wanted a damn donut.

henryc

The 10813th entrant in alphabetical order is a Robert Lopez, 45M, of Seattle.

Yeah. I was mighty pissed. Especially since (1) donuts were everywhere *before* the race, when I didn't want any, and (2) they were also everywhere *after* the race... but only for the volunteers. I wanted to strangle a volunteer. I *really* wanted a damn donut.

I'd be more worried they'd be partially digested and everywhere, after the race.

Imminent Catastrophe

The 10813th entrant in alphabetical order is a Robert Lopez, 45M, of Seattle.

Sheesh. They let anyone in.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

I promise to live up to the hopes and dreams represented by my 10,813th place in line.

(I realize that it was alphabetical and my joke doesn't really work.  But still, the sea of humanity awaits.)

when you see my legs, don't act too cool to say Hi

henryc

I promise to live up to the hopes and dreams represented by my 10,813th place in line.

(I realize that it was alphabetical and my joke doesn't really work.  But still, the sea of humanity awaits.)

You move up more than 1600 places when it's in anti-alphabetical order.

henryc

back to the topic at hand. My son said his room meets none of your criteria, but for a little extra cash, you can have the top bunk.

You'll ruin your knees!

srlopez, meet mishka

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)