IT pain Need HELP (Read 873 times)

Well I think I took enough time off. To day was my first run since 5/5 and hte HM. Started out at 1 mile just to get a feel for running again. NICE!!! I found out how much I missed it!!! And not a bad pace for me. I am sore form not using tmy legs much and my knee is sore some but NOT from ITBS. 22 Sept is another race. I'd like to run the 15k instead of the 5k, but I am in no hurry to increase miles and figure it will be the 5k

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Go Green Wave!

I know I am late chiming in on this topic but in addition to everyone's great advice on resting and stretching, I've really found that my ITBS Knee Strap has helped tremendously, I've never had a flareup while wearing my strap...shortening that band + doing IT stretches keeps that pain away, and makes for a very happy runner!
        Think I had that ITBS. Knee was sore for over a week. My Therapy -Direct Ice Pack to knee -Towel Wrapped Ice Pack to knee -Sportscreme when it was just a dull pain

Vim

Late to the party but: consistent stretching and foam rolling will do wonders.