too much stinky smoke in the air (Read 1405 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's over MI, too.  I'm definitely going to take today's run easy and likely not do as many miles as originally planned.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's over MI, too.  

That's becuase Detroit also sucks. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's becuase Detroit also sucks. 

Ha, I know...and Gary, IN!  I'm stuck between a lot of sucky places! Tongue

I think I almost smell smoke in the house, too.  I have everything closed-up because it's stupid and cold, today.  I am SO not ready for this cold shit, already!  It's not technically even Fall, for fuck's sake! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

i put in a ton of miles a couple weeks ago riding from minneapolis to duluth. there isnt really much to look at but i did like their pine trees, damn.

i can vouch for their bike friendliness. minneapolis is duh with a bike lane on every street. once we got out of the city all the roads were nicely paved, most had a shoulder, practically no semi traffic, cars were nice to us. then we got on the trail, and it was even better! were already planning to go back and ride from duluth up the coast of superior to the boundary waters.

were already planning to go back and ride from duluth up the coast of superior to the boundary waters.

fall colors should include lots of yellow, red, burnt orange, brown, and black.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm in St. Paul and the air here is clear and beautiful, don'tcha know! I love the west wind, you betcha!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

redhead

That must be one helluva fire.

Ontario's Ministry of Natural Resources said the smoke that has been drifting into the province for the last several days is from the on-going forest fire in northern Minnesota. A burning smell was reported in a large part of southern Ontario, including areas of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), Burlington, Barrie, Innisfill, Gravenhurst, Bracebridge, Huntsville, Lindsay, Thunder Bay, and Cambridge.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have said this before and will say it again: fires in the B Dub make me sad.

xhristopher

I have said this before and will say it again: fires in the B Dub make me sad.

Trent, I'm sorry you feel that way so I looked up "B Dub" in urban dictionary to find this definition:

A rolled up piece of toilet paper in between your butt cheeks near your butt hole to catch the sweat and also to catch the shit from coming out on a cotton toucher.

I had sweat between my butt cheeks so i put a B Dub in!

So, if I understand correctly, what you are saying is that Minnesota is kinda like a wad of toilet paper. The Dakotas and Wisconsin are butt cheeks. Iowa's the hole and Canada's the "cotton toucher?" If you say so.

So, if I understand correctly, what you are saying is that Minnesota is kinda like a wad of toilet paper. The Dakotas and Wisconsin are butt cheeks. Iowa's the hole and Canada's the "cotton toucher?" If you say so.

Wow, I'm so glad I live in Illinois after that one...

Wow, I'm so glad I live in Illinois after that one...

that makes us the toilet.

SMART Approach

In Green Bay on Tues. I woke up at 5:30am and thought my house was on fire. I walked downstairs and into basement. By 6am I was paranoid and went outside and walked around the house. It smelled very strong and a bit of haze which I though was my eyes. Crazy! I smelled a little bit today also. Better be gone by Sunday for my race!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

B Dub = BW = BWCA(W).

Google is not always your friend.

L Train

B Dub = BW = BWCA(W).

This clears it up, thanks.