Christmas Day Daily! (Read 671 times)

I know most of you have better things to do today than play on the forum. Sugar (wife) and I have our big holiday gathering on Thanksgiving. Today we're playing true empty nesters and spending the day alone and together. I'm heading out for an 8 miler +/- with some of it at high aerobic pace. It's sunny and 32°. Sugar already has the turkey cooked and she'll add some mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, and dressing later today. Life is good. Here's wishing all of the the joyest of holidays!!!

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I agree Ray. Life is good. Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy. The kids have opened their gifts and I'm heading out for a 4-6 mile run about noon. I hear we'll see the sun in Michigan today. Merry Christmas! Ken
        Just finished my Christmas day run. A small 3.1 miler in the chilly 32 degrees, but it starts my marathon training program, so outside of freezing my tail off and being extremely tired, I'm stoked. Plus, the fam is getting together today, so it's all good stuff. And no, unfortunately I don't have a whole lot better to be doing right now... Wink
          We're cooking turkey, too (my job) and making stuffing (PDR's job). (PDR is my wife, predawnrunner). We'll be bringing this over to her dad's nursing home to spend some time with him and exchange gifts. We both did 5 milers today. This was PDR's first Christmas without her oldest daughter who got married in September. So DD1 had the great idea to have a videoconference as we opened each others' gifts. We used Skype and it worked great!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

We have DW's brother and family (six of them) over at our lake retreat. DW and I got our 5 miler in before the rest of the house got up. We started a fire and when everyone got up, opened our stockings. Turkey goes in the oven at 12:30 and we'll hit the slopes while it cooks. Life is good!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

I'm back ... 8 miles in 1:04 (8:00). I've lost some speed during my easy/downtime sicne the Philly Marathon. Today I wanted 5-6 miles at 7:25-7:30 but couldn't do it. My splits were 8:50, 7:16, 7:17, 7:21, 8:05, 8:06, 8:24, and 8:41. Considering I ran a 13.1 @ 7:16 on 11/18, this seems pretty feeble but I have to get over it. I missed 10 days of training after the Philly Marathon due to a back problem and haven't done any speed work to speak of since resuming training. Now that I can resume some speedwork, I should bouce back fairly quickly. Have a great day everyone.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Think Whirled Peas

I'm back ... 8 miles in 1:04 (8:00). I've lost some speed during my easy/downtime sicne the Philly Marathon. Today I wanted 5-6 miles at 7:25-7:30 but couldn't do it. My splits were 8:50, 7:16, 7:17, 7:21, 8:05, 8:06, 8:24, and 8:41. Considering I ran a 13.1 @ 7:16 on 11/18, this seems pretty feeble but I have to get over it. I missed 10 days of training after the Philly Marathon due to a back problem and haven't done any speed work to speak of since resuming training. Now that I can resume some speedwork, I should bouce back fairly quickly. Have a great day everyone.
                Shocked Hey, I mentioned in another post to let me know when you're in my neck o' the woods so we could hit a race together, but ah, yeah...I may need to tie your legs together to have a chance to keep up w/you! Fast, bro...FAST you are!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Shocked Hey, I mentioned in another post to let me know when you're in my neck o' the woods so we could hit a race together, but ah, yeah...I may need to tie your legs together to have a chance to keep up w/you! Fast, bro...FAST you are!
                  I would sure like to come up there and see Bro as well as meeting up with you and rvelich. Is the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half a race of interest to you? The Brighton area has some good races as I try and keep up via Michigan Runner online. I do miss things however. Keep me posted. That sporting goods store in Brighton ... Hansons? Do they have a website with a race schedule?

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Got 11+m in before noon. I love running on Christmas. CRaig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

4 miles before 7am. Not a car on the road just passed one other banging out some pre-dawn miles. Gave each other a quick wave an nod that spoke a thousand words.
                        8km for me and DH. he was taking it easy. i was doing a tempo session! it was a lot of fun. we went out mid-morning while my dad was at church. i was surprised at the number of other runners out there.

Another Passion

I would sure like to come up there and see Bro as well as meeting up with you and rvelich. Is the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half a race of interest to you? Keep me posted. That sporting goods store in Brighton ... Hansons? Do they have a website with a race schedule?
                          When is the Dexter-Ann Arbor race? I tried to find it online and didn't come up with anything?

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

When is the Dexter-Ann Arbor race? I tried to find it online and didn't come up with anything?
                            It's on June 1, 2008. Look http://www.dexterannarborrun.com/index.htm I can't make the link thing work right!! Big grin