Pebble watch (Read 156 times)

joebrown

jbrown

Anyone had a chance to see or play with the pebble watch yet?

northernman

Fight The Future

Anyone had a chance to see or play with the pebble watch yet?

I have one. I was an early backer. I like it, but haven't had a chance yet to actually write my own programs for it. Ultimately, I plan to make some custom apps, like a fake Fuelband app. So far, the accelerometer is not available to the public APIs, though

Token Fat Guy

I have one too - my brother backed it on my behalf for my birthday.  The text/email/facebook alerts are nice, but I'm an Android guy; I believe iPhone users don't get all of those.

I doubt I'll do any programming, but I'm looking forward to more faces/programs/etc.  For the time being its a very lightweight watch that keeps me from having to pull my phone out of my pocket when my wife sends me a text that she's on the way home.  Not lifechanging by any stretch, but kinda cool.

5K - 29:29 10K - 1:07:52 13.1 - 2:28:36

DentingPavement.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Now at Best Buy.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I have one too - my brother backed it on my behalf for my birthday.  The text/email/facebook alerts are nice, but I'm an Android guy; I believe iPhone users don't get all of those.

I doubt I'll do any programming, but I'm looking forward to more faces/programs/etc.  For the time being its a very lightweight watch that keeps me from having to pull my phone out of my pocket when my wife sends me a text that she's on the way home.  Not lifechanging by any stretch, but kinda cool.

My mother-in-laws friend was an early backer on kickstart and has one, he is only an Apple guy so this is from Apple's point of view.

They have:

Email

Text

Facebook

Phone Calls

Maps

Music

And I forget what else, but so far from what I have seen there is no discrimination on what each device can utilize, other than phone capabilities obviously.

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As I understand it, it's nothing more than an additional little display for your phone, connected by Bluetooth.  Whatever your phone app tells it to display, it displays.  A clever idea, and simple.

Is that correct that the only running app that you can use with it right now is the run keeper app?   Does that app you use of your phone have to be designed for the watch?

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10