Run with the Cougar, aka Hoffmaster Trail Race, aka .90 mile less than advertised, but it's all good... (Read 883 times)

On On

congrats to both of you. Trails and beers you are both ready for the hash.
    mikeymike

Oh. I thought this was going to be about a different kind of Cougar. Still, nice race--sounds like a fun event!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh. I thought this was going to be about a different kind of Cougar. Still, nice race--sounds like a fun event!
        Well...we were checking out a hot young thing...he had to be at least 10 years younger than us. Rwar! Blush Cool thing...in the past I think this race drew maybe 80 people. 151 ran it on Sunday. That is so awesome to see. Looks like this one is a keeper. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WTG zoomy, heather, and hopefull !!!! Love the picture...brrrrrrrrr. my only trail running fear is mountain lions. Shocked don't know that I would willingly run a race with this particular name. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

my only trail running fear is mountain lions. Shocked don't know that I would willingly run a race with this particular name. Tongue
            I think it was 5-6 years ago that the puma was spotted. My guess is it's long gone (not sure how far they can travel on foot, but I seem to recall maybe a year or so ago one was spotted in the Kalamazoo area, which is about 90 minutes away). You guys must see quite a few of them once you get out of the more urban areas, though. Generally our biggest critter of concern would be coyotes. I don't think they're particularly aggressive, either.

~ Sarah Kay

Puma, Mountain Lion, Cougar... aren't these basically the same thing? I think you only missed Panther and you'd have hit all the names this critter has.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Puma, Mountain Lion, Cougar... aren't these basically the same thing? I think you only missed Panther and you'd have hit all the names this critter has.
                I think you're right...or are Panthers only the black ones that are in S. America...?

~ Sarah Kay

Panthers come in all sorts of neat colors. They even play hockey. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FloridaPanthers.png

On On

Don't forget some also play football