Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

HAHA, no way I'm here!  Just been a busy week up here!

Shweh, good to hear! Big grin Fingers crossed I'll get to do my 11 mile LSD on Sun. in my NEW Wave Rider 16s!! 

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Shweh, good to hear! Big grin Fingers crossed I'll get to do my 11 mile LSD on Sun. in my NEW Wave Rider 16s!! 

awesome.... i expect a review!

---------

Seth, is there a shoe available that's meteor and 9mm bullet resistant? oh, and also suit's the moderate over-pronator too.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Seth, is there a shoe available that's meteor and 9mm bullet resistant? oh, and also suit's the moderate over-pronator too.

As long as you stay away from both Russia AND South Africa.... you'll do just fine in the Wave Inspire.  

---------

As long as you stay away from both Russia AND South Africa.... you'll do just fine in the Wave Inspire.  

phew!

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

My new Mizuno Wave Rider 16s R-O-C-K! I had a fantastic 7 mile run this morning. My feet were so happy in my new "kicks", no blisters on top of calluses. Knee felt great. Even the color is growing on me. **High Fives** Seth. Job well done. Big grin

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

My new Mizuno Wave Rider 16s R-O-C-K! I had a fantastic 7 mile run this morning. My feet were so happy in my new "kicks", no blisters on top of calluses. Knee felt great. Even the color is growing on me. **High Fives** Seth. Job well done. Big grin

7 miles in new kicks... YOU are the one that deserves the high-five.

props!

---------

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I was poking around RWH looking at the Wave Universe using the Shoefitr to check my size based off of the Ronin4 i wear. Pulled up the Ronins and they had 2 different colorways for the 5s. I was under the impression there was just one colorway a year for the Ronin. maybe sethh can shed some light on this. Both colorways look great though.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

I was poking around RWH looking at the Wave Universe using the Shoefitr to check my size based off of the Ronin4 i wear. Pulled up the Ronins and they had 2 different colorways for the 5s. I was under the impression there was just one colorway a year for the Ronin. maybe sethh can shed some light on this. Both colorways look great though.Smile

Yea... I checked that out... it's weird they have the 2 separate colors.
                    What happened was, the first color scheme they added was the sample they most likely got early, then added the actual colorway of the Ronin that we released.

Ronin is only available in one color as always.

Thanks for the question.. Ronin is my marathon shoe of choice, will absolutely be rockin' it in Boston in a few weeks!

---------

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

sethh - really only started wearing Ronin 4 recently and love the shoe. Going to race my hald marathon this weekend in the 4s, but want to get a pair of 5s in near future. Thanks for clarification.

Yea... I checked that out... it's weird they have the 2 separate colors.
                      What happened was, the first color scheme they added was the sample they most likely got early, then added the actual colorway of the Ronin that we released.

Ronin is only available in one color as always.

Thanks for the question.. Ronin is my marathon shoe of choice, will absolutely be rockin' it in Boston in a few weeks!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

If you love the 4s the 5s are even better, jedi.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

If you love the 4s the 5s are even better, jedi.

agreed.   the 5 is built on the same midsole/outsole.... but the upper, is like buttah

---------

Hi everyone Joking,

Looking for sum advice, I usualy run in brooks adrenalines and have been running with a re accuring shin niggle since last june ish which the brooks have helped but not completely solved. i am a forefoot/mid foot striker and mod overpronator (adrenalines manage to sort this) i jst cant help but think the heel on my brooks get in the way/hinder my running. i was woundering what sort of shoes are available that have the sort of stability that my brooks have but would feel a bit more natural to run in .Are brooks mainly catering for heel strikers with this shoe?,recently i feel like it may be a bit to much of a shoe for me i think i put this down to my running technique being more economical and general pace being faster as i improve. i use brooks racer st5 to race but i am a bit warey to do too much in these.

i have had my gait checked and every thing looked o.k with brooks adrenaline and trance so i bought the trance to try but these seem to jar and iritate my legs even more.

any help advice greatly received.

Sorry to hi-jack mizuno thread!!! thought it would be a place to get other views on othe brands Big grin.

Thanks Mark.

hey mark!

So, the Adrenaline is a great shoe..  It's actually the #1 running shoe in America, so it's obviously doing something right.
                              I wouldnt say the Adrenaline is "catered" to any runner in particular as heel striking, midfoot striking... it doesnt really matter the spot that hits the ground first... whats most important is where are you loading during the stance phase.

This loading phase, is the spot in which the stability o the Adrenaline is most likely helping you out.  Too often (especially these days) runners are worrying WAAYYY too much about how many millimeters are in their shoe instead of how the shoe actually feels, and how healthy their running is.

All that being said...  I think some shoes that still offer some stability, that might be a great everyday trainer for you would be the Mizuno Wave Elixir, Asics DS Trainer, or even the Brooks Ravenna.

---------

Thanks for the speedy reply!!

theres no doubt that the adrenaline is a amazing shoe and its got the right amount of stability i just wonder wether its maybe a bit of overkill for me and that something else would help my feet move more freely. when ive looked around  foroums mizuno wave inspire + elixir even the musha which i thought was a neutral trainer and also asics ds have been coming up as possible options i like the idea of having quite a lot of flexibility in the forefoot .