12

Sub-7 Pace for Weekly Mileage Goal Starts Now (Read 345 times)

    I was thinking that's what he meant, but we can't be certain he actually means that.  However, even if that's what he meant, if you assume that at most 30% of ones miles are "fast/hard/high-quality", that means the other 70% still must be pretty darn fast to average 7's for the whole week.

    Good thing he said average weekly pace. He's talking about upping his overall training intensity, not the intensity of every single run.

     


    Feeling the growl again

      Leave my boy Shreyas alone man

       

      Your butt-hurt over your buddy does not change the validity of my good advice.

      "If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

       

      I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

       

      M_M_C


        yawn

         

        Your butt-hurt over your buddy does not change the validity of my good advice.

        3K: 8:29.12 (2017)     5K: 14:56.59 (2016)     8K: 25:27 (2016)     15K: 53:46 (2022)     HM: 75:41 (2022)     FM: 2:43:17 (2022)

          Good thing he said average weekly pace. He's talking about upping his overall training intensity, not the intensity of every single run.

           

           

          He said "quality mileage".  Now, we don't have an exact definition, but let's assume that it's more than 50 mpw that he is currently running.  If that's the case, then he will be upping is quantity and quality at the same time.  I don't think that would be a wise move.

           

          Plenty of men and women here have run fast times, trained others to fast times, or just been around running long enough to know.  Some might not be as tactful as others, but they might not be wrong.  He's getting plenty of good advice here.

          There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

           

          We are always running for the thrill of it

          Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

            If it happens, it happens. If this is an easy enough pace, it will just happen, and then, so what?

             

            ON the other hand, if it is tough or challenging, then it will likely be counterproductive.

             

            On the third hand, I can imagine that a period or season of higher mileage X good aerobic work (not super duper easy, but work) would be good training for something like track ultras.

              Leave my boy Shreyas alone man

               

              I love it, white knighting for your man.

                I'm very amused by my naivete from a little over a year ago, plus my ridiculous injury-ridden collegiate career so far. Thankfully none of them stemmed from me trying to pursue this goal, as I'm pretty sure I failed a few weeks after initially creating this post. Thanks to all for the posts and comments haha

                 

                 

                Let's just keep it simple and say no more injuries till the end of my collegiate career Big grin

                  Good Luck!!

                  12