Glad to be back (Read 509 times)

sluggo

John

Hello!

I have been medically off the road for 8 of the last 12 months and had stopped reading the runninghead forums.

I just got started again at the first of Nov; bought my first shoes in over a year on Tue. It's nice to be back.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

I've never met ya, so "Nice to meet you" :-)!

(I am new to RA, ever since RWOL turned south.  RA is far superior, wish I had found them a long time ago :-))

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Welcome back, John.  I've done 0 since last Weds and am starting to twitch.  I can't imagine the break you've had.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Glad to meet you 8 months is a long time.

I have been off for 3 weeks hope to come back next week.

How is Nancy?

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Love the Half

Ugh.  I was out for six weeks last year and that sucked enough.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

sluggo

John

Glad to meet you 8 months is a long time.

I have been off for 3 weeks hope to come back next week.

How is Nancy?

You made me laugh.

How did you know about my wife?

Did we meet personally before? Nope not if you are in Charleston, WV.

Did I reference her in my self description? Nope not there.

Then the dime dropped. Oh yeah! Nancy does go with Sluggo. In fact I picked the Sluggo name b/c it fit with my wife's name.

My wife, Nancy, is doing well. Small things once in a while. Sometimes a headache, sometimes tired of the kids she teaches (piano) but doing well. Unfortunately, she can not run. An ankle run from decades ago squashed that. She makes do with walking about an hour each day.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I ran a Dec 2nd race 2nd at 8:23/mi. I thought I had been doing 9's.

Thanks all for the welcome back.

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

SheCan

Hey sluggo!  Nice to meet you, and am glad you're starting running again.  And at 8:32 mms you're doing great!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Well hello there sluggo! Running is awesome for clearing your head! Glad you are healed up!

I can't wait to pound the road again myself - I just started week 4 of my 5K to Couch program due to a bum left lower appendage.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!