Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

Running Toward One Day

Is there any new news on this front? I just ordered a Timex Bodylink and would love to be able to upload directly to RA. Not sure its realistic though. Just my 2 cents.
    GOALS: 100 mile total Memorial Day 5k
      Thank you so much! Here are my responses: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin 405 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes, that'd be great! 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP Professional, latest SP 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. all I really need is distance, time it took & date and the route would be nice, but not required.
        1.) fr305 2.) yes 3.) Vista 4.) splits with HR... would be great but simply totals with HR would be nice... REally the only time I think I really want it is on interval days... and for races... the rest of the time totals are fine...
        wasserträger

Thank you for RunningAhead with me! 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305
          2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes!
          3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Mac OS X 10.4.11 with an iBook G4
          4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Using the GPS-Feature would be nice, but don’t waste to much time in this function … What I really want to see is the distance, split times, Heart rate in spli times (to use the interval-form)
          Jason Baim

1. Garmin Forerunner 405. 2. YES!! 3. Microsoft XP, SP3 4. Would like to use the import feature to automatically take the run info from my GPS and create a new run entry in R.A. Fields I'd like to see imported: - Date - Time of Day - Mileage - Time of run - Average Heart Rate - Max Heart Rate
              1. GPS used: Garmin 405 2. Would import GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com: Yes - love too 3. PC used: Windows XP pro, SP3 (work PC). Also like to use OpenSUSE v11. 4. Import Features I'd like to see: Import time of day, distance, total time, max and average heart rate, lap times as intervals (with associated distance, time, max and min heart rate). It would also be great to be able to import GPS track details too, but perhaps it would use up too much of your server disk space if we all started downloading GPS tracks every day?

Running - cheaper than therapy

Domestique

Yes! 1. iPhone 3G with Trailguru which can export GPX files and works with Garmin Communicator (which I don't have). 2. Yes! GPS import into RA would be great!!! 3. Mac OS X 10.5 Intel, Safari or Firefox browsers. Browser based web tools would be the best I think. 4. Data elements to import have been well covered by everyone else here. Thanks so much for considering this new feature.
                Cheers, Peter B. o\˚o veocipete [at] mac [dot] com
                  For GOD sakes, I learned to run by feel. But I will accept a hand-me-down Garmin if someone chooses to offer one. Smile

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For GOD sakes, I learned to run by feel. But I will accept a hand-me-down Garmin if someone chooses to offer one. Smile
                    Garmins are fun! Running is fun! Why not put them together?
                      Jeff said not. I like Jeff.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He ain't yet been hooked.
                          NEVER!

Ricky

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I haven't bought my garmin yet but will be after the new year 1. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Yes, please! 3. Mac OS X Leopard
                            -Jen
                            2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                            highonrunning

Hi guys, As I start work on importing GPS, I need to take a survey of what you're using: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help! eric Smile
                              Just got mine for my B-day!!! 1. Garmin 305 2. Heck YES! that would amazing!!! 3. Gateway laptop, Windows VIsta 4. Distance, Maps, pace, HR's would be perfect! thanks Eric for all you hard work =]

buzzardnblack

buzz

just started using runningahead, ive had a 305 for about 3 years and just got a 205 a few months ago because the 305 was going blank and wouldnt come back on for a couple days, i learned after i got the 205 you have to hold down the mode button and press lap to reset it, now i use 305 for biking and 205 for running
                                <do all="" things="" without="" murmuring="" and="" complaining=""></do>