The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 7652 times)

12 Monkeys

Cool.  There is a new option under Options (top/right corner) to subscribe to RA.

http://www.runningahead.com/options/subscription

It looks like you can pay money to subscribe and the ads go away for a period.  Cool!

Julia1971

I gotta ask again.  Honest question.

If they are not loud and intrusive, why are ads "insulting"?

I can't answer for those posters, however, I think there are a lot of ads out there that are offensive to women.  The American Apparel ads come to mind.  I personally wouldn't stop frequenting a site that had them (I read dcist.com every day and they carry their ads), but I do cringe when I see them.

“What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the fight in the dog. – Dwight D. Eisenhower

My blog is JT Running DC.  It's awesome.

L Train

Perfect and done. 

And FWIW, for a tool and site I use every day, I was seriously undercharged.  I like that I can still donate above the subscription price. 

Good luck eric. 

MTA: One question - If this is annual subscription, will I be notified when it's time for me to pay again, or should I be keeping track?

Done here as well and was happy to donate too. Thanks for keeping that option and for everything you do to make this a great site.

Perfect and done. 

And FWIW, for a tool and site I use every day, I was seriously undercharged.  I like that I can still donate above the subscription price. 

Good luck eric. 

+X

I can't imagine Eric ever putting obnoxious ads on the site; nonetheless, the prospect of having something new intruding into a place you have grown to love can be a little scary.  I personally would lean toward the subscription option because I like to see just what I want to see and nothing else on a page (yeah, good luck with that on the web), and that's one of the big reasons I love this place.  In my case, I'm guessing a modest subscription fee would mean a good deal more revenue for RA Inc. than click-throughs.

Side note:  I do really wish people would differentiate between "ads" and "adds". Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

xor

I can't answer for those posters, however, I think there are a lot of ads out there that are offensive to women.  The American Apparel ads come to mind.  I personally wouldn't stop frequenting a site that had them (I read dcist.com every day and they carry their ads), but I do cringe when I see them.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Agony of Da Feet (#2867)

I can't imagine Eric ever putting obnoxious ads on the site; nonetheless, the prospect of having something new intruding into a place you have grown to love can be a little scary.  I personally would lean toward the subscription option because I like to see just what I want to see and nothing else on a page (yeah, good luck with that on the web), and that's one of the big reasons I love this place.  In my case, I'm guessing a modest subscription fee would mean a good deal more revenue for RA Inc. than click-throughs.

Side note:  I do really wish people would differentiate between "ads" and "adds". Smile

Well, Eric has taken "modest" to whole new levels...he's only charging $10/year Surprised

That's less than 85 cents per month!

Run to Win
                  24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

(wow, been a while since that's been updated...)

Well, Eric has taken "modest" to whole new levels...he's only charging $10/year Surprised

No kidding! Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool.  There is a new option under Options (top/right corner) to subscribe to RA.

http://www.runningahead.com/options/subscription

It looks like you can pay money to subscribe and the ads go away for a period.  Cool!

And prorated too. Thanks Eric!

MTA: I'll probably turn on the ads from time to time just to see what they are. And if it's stuff I can't live without. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

thank goodness.  A fee keeps most of the weirdo lurkers out, and I hate this new flashy advertising.  Will be subscribing too. 

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

worth more than a RunnersWorld subscription for sure! Even with starting with a multi-year subscription, I'm adding a renewal to my Google calendar so I don't forget the annual donation. I wonder if I can leave the remaining unused subscription time to someone in my will...LOL

bob e v
                          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Imminent Catastrophe

thank goodness.  A fee keeps most of the weirdo lurkers out...

Hey, I'm still here.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

FINALLY got around to donating.  That felt good, and it was long-overdue.

Thanks, Eric!!!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Non ducor, duco.

I clicked for the ads because I love Eric but I was hoping for more ads like:

Meet Sexy Oklahoma Singles! (Guaranteed to have teeth)

or even

Get  Kim Kardashian Boobz OVERNIGHT! 

I'm back.