New MacBook Pro and GARMIN 410 Forerunner not connecting (Read 27 times)

jelyot

For some reason, after plugging in the ANT stick to download a workout, the Garmin Training centre app on my new MBP refreshes with the new information, but I cannot get it to come up on Running Ahead. Garmin is great and all, but I much prefer how things work on here as a rule. Is there something I need to do differently?

dcowboys31

Have you tired to upload the workouts here (upload from GPS)? This happened to me last week and you should get a message that they no longer support Garmin Communicator and you have to allow for Garmin Connect going forward. I uploaded a few workouts as a file and it took a few days for them to appear, but finally did and since I changed to Garmin Connect they all have been coming over automatically once I download them to Garmin. Below is the reply I got to my message last week (in the gear & wear section). Hope this helps.

Garmin Communicator is a plug-in to your Internet browser.  It is no longer supported by most Internet browsers.

Garmin Express is the software that Garmin uses to upload your workouts from your computer to the GarminConnect web site.  Once the files are uploaded to the GarminConnect website, they are then sent to all sites that you have integration turned on for (this includes RunningAhead).  If the GarminConnect integration has been in place for a few hours, it should push out any new workouts within seconds of them being uploaded.  If the GarminConnect integration was not in place before the workout was uploaded, then it often takes a few days for up to about 30 days of workouts to be pushed out over the integration.

You can also upload the files from your watch via Bluetooth to the GarminConnect app on your phone.  It is then transferred to the GarminConnect web site and pushed out via the integration to RunningAhead and others.

I have found a few problems with the integration:

1. If your Garmin watch gets too many workouts on it, Garmin Express may fail to upload the files and they will not be pushed out via the integration.  In this case all you can do is erase multiple older workouts from your watch and the uploads should resume.

2. If the integration stops working, check to make sure it still exists both on the RunningAhead site and the GarminConnect site.  If it is on both sites you may need to delete it on both sides and then reinstall the integration.

3. If GarminConnect pushed a workout file out to RunningAhead through the integration but RunningAhead never received it, I have not found a way to get GarminConnect to push it again.  In these cases I have had to go into GarminConnect, download the file to my computer, and then upload the file to RunningAhead.

jelyot

Okay, I've signed in to Garmin Connect, and it seems to be working. I've connected it with Running Ahead. Now we wait!

jelyot

Well it has been a couple of days, as you suggested. After today's run I uploaded, but it seemed not to go to Running Ahead. Exported to Garmin Connect from my Garmin Training Centre (which did accept the initial download), and after rechecking, the data had also sent to Running Ahead!

It seems that your advice worked. Thank you so much for your help with this!