Race with Saucony Fastwitch.....Train with ??? (Read 93 times)

Mike Alexander

Really enjoy the Saucony Fastwitch shoe.  I have been running in them for training and racing.  However, given that they wear out so quickly, i would like to find a complimentary shoe that I can put more miles on in training.  The Fastwitch seems to have a somewhat firm feel and when I go to a higher mileage shoe, they feel too "cushiony".....although maybe thats good for my legs??   Anyway, wondering if anyone here enjoys racing in the Fastwitch and what you use for training throughout the week.

SMART Approach

I love the Brooks Ghost. But that is ME, However, we all have different feet and different needs so what works for one would not work for another. Most runners are not able to train in their racers daily. You are obviously a lighter or biomechanically sound runner. You are probably in the minority, but good for you. You probably need to try a few shoes to see what is best and rotate in the Fast Twitch on your quicker runs. . Saucony Ride has always been a solid shoe if you want to try something in Saucony line.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

bkimmey

I'm a big Saucony fan. I too like the lightweight feel and low drop of the fastwitch and I've found that the Kinvaras are very similar but with a little more cushioning. I rotate through about 6 different pairs of sneakers while training:

Fastwitch: Intervals, Tempo, Racing <20k

Kinvaras (3 pairs): Easy, Recovery, Long runs, Racing >20k

Peregrine (2 pairs): Trail

Hope this helps

Consider the Mirage.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Consider the Mirage.

Sounds like the opening of a TED talk...or a nature documentary...or a philosophy lecture...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I used to train in Fastwitch and race thru marathon distance in them.

Also in the training rotation were Softstar Dash, NB Minimus Trail 00 (original), and sometimes Kinvara.

Liz

pace sera, sera

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

If you can find any (they've been discontinued), you could try the Brooks Racer ST. If you can't, perhaps their successor, the Brooks Asteria.

Mike Alexander

Yep....just bought a pair of these....ran in them a couple times...did a half marathon in them.  Pretty good alternative!

If you can find any (they've been discontinued), you could try the Brooks Racer ST. If you can't, perhaps their successor, the Brooks Asteria.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Really enjoy the Saucony Fastwitch shoe.  I have been running in them for training and racing.  However, given that they wear out so quickly, i would like to find a complimentary shoe that I can put more miles on in training.  The Fastwitch seems to have a somewhat firm feel and when I go to a higher mileage shoe, they feel too "cushiony".....although maybe thats good for my legs??   Anyway, wondering if anyone here enjoys racing in the Fastwitch and what you use for training throughout the week.

Asics DS Racer.  I can get 500-600 miles out of them.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Mike Alexander

Aren't these discontinued?  That shoe would be a great alternative!

Consider the Mirage.

Wow. I guess I have been on the shelf for quite some time.

Wow. I guess I had been on the shelf for quite some time.

double post.